1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which roundwounds for my '66 mustang??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by LexiconBand, Apr 29, 2010.

1. LexiconBand

LexiconBand

Nov 3, 2009
    IL
    trying to figure out what the best options would be... Any advice is welcome! :bassist:

2. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    DR nickel low riders..

3. The answer is flats. :cool: Was this a trick question?

4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    What tone tweak or emphasis do you want the strings to help with? Myself Id go with roundwounds like rotosounds or GHS boomers. But fender strings could be very good choice to. Esp if wanting to keep to the fender original or whatever your gonna call it type mystique.

If I wanted a little more crunch, I'd also try Ernie Ball slinkys. If I wanted mellower sound then perhaps Daddario's roundwounds.

Do you have a pref for nickel or stainless? Most of the mfg listed above offer both.

5. LexiconBand

LexiconBand

Nov 3, 2009
    IL
    thanks for the advice! I enjoy some bright twangyness similar to chris wood when he really digs in on his p-bass. I also don't want to put flatwounds on it because it sounds awesome for slapping with rounds. Don't really mind about keeping it "vintage" sounding, just want it to sound the best it can. I'll have to give a couple of those options a try and see what works best.