WHICH SansAmp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by indie-visible, Mar 12, 2001.

1. As I see, SansAmp Bass Driver DI is the most frequently mentioned one of the SansAmp products family when it comes to bass. But Tech21NYC's site tells that other SansAmps, like GT-2, Classic and PSA-1 may also be used for bass. Does anyone have an experience with them in such the application? Can they be considered seriously for bass? Can they be compared to the Bass Driver? Do they offer more flexibility? What's different?

2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Contact Tech21nyc. They're really helpful in giving you ideas. Tell them what you gear you play, what sounds you're after, and send 'em an e-mail. They responded to me within a few hours:)

I own the Bass Driver, and think it's a really cool unit! I don't think you can go wrong with it, but it's still worth investigating to see if anything else floats your boat more.

Another thing I'd recommend, if you have the ability to do so, is to go to a local shop that carries a few Sans Amp Units, and waste some time. Don't spend money that day: always bad!!! But, plan on learning...maybe even bring a notepad to jot down some notes, so when you go back to the store 2 hours later, you're armed with all the right stuff!:D
  3. I've got a Sansamp Classic - yes it can be used for bass - I've had mine for 5 years without a hitch. For Bass alone I think the Bass Driver has more flexibility: more outputs for example. BUT I haven't played through one and that's where RAM's advice is gospel: let your ears decide! :)
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I have the BDDI and the Accoustic DI. Both are superb. I like the Acoustic for fretless because it has the mid frequency control.