1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which Sansamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Oct 11, 2004.

1. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    Tech 21 makes the RBI and one other i believe.

what is the differance between the two? i play in a blues/rock band and would run it with a QSC power amp and an avatar 2x10 for now, and add a 2x12 later.

Does one have better tone shaping than the other? better overdrive?

im kinda lost on these sansamps.

i know i used my buddys DI box and ran it into my pre amp in on my peavey head. and i really dug the bass it made.

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I use the BDDI (stomp box) as my preamp (sorta.) The output is pretty low, so I run it into an ART tube preamp, then into my power amp. Works wonderfully! I just happend to have those two items when I bought my power amp,so I have put off buying the rackmount version. If I were you, I would just get the rackmount version and be done with it.

3. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana

what is the ART tube preamp?

quick answer or should i search the archives?

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    It is a small tube preamp, primarily for microphones. It works great on anything you plug into it. You won't save any money going that route. As I said earler, I just happened to have those 2 items, and it has worked out for me. By the time you buy a SA and some kind of preamp you will have spent enought to buy the rack mount version. It is said that the SA can be modified to increase the output, but I was too chicken to try that.

5. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Do a search.... :)

There was a thread recently regarding the similarities & differences between the SansAmp RBI and the SansAmp RPM preamps....