1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which Schecter bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jlepre, Nov 28, 2012.

1. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    It's a Diamond Series, but I have never seen this headstock type. Is this an old bass?
    [​IMG]

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

California Custom. Made mid 90's to early 2000's. The earlier ones were made in California in the custom shop. Later models moved to overseas. I had one. Really nice. EMG pups and pre. Hipshot bridge and knobs. Grover Titan tuners. Not cheap at all. At least not the US versions. A friend of mine just bought one off Craigslist.

3. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    I have a guy locally who has one for sale for $50 on CL. Says it needs a wire for the pups to work. Makes me a little leery. He says he bought it new in 2004. That would NOT make it a US model right?

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Def not a US model. But check it out. The components may be the same. For $50, it's worth grabbing and fixing or putting new pickups in. They were still nicely made.

5. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    I might check it out if it's still available after work.

6. fisticuffs

fisticuffs

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    It's too blurry. I wouldn't buy it. I prefer crisp guitars.

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Here's a pic of the one I used to own. The guy I traded for had installed a passive tone control/volume concentric knob. As you can see. Hipshot bridge and knobs. US EMG pickups and preamp and Grover Titan tuners. Brand new, these were over $1k back in the mid 90's-early 2000's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]