1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Schecter bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AxxGrey, Apr 23, 2015.

1. AxxGrey

AxxGrey

Apr 23, 2015
    Hey all!

I'm in the process trying to decide between a Stiletto Extreme-4 and an Omen Extreme-4. I've tried them both and I like them and they seem to be very similar except for the body shape. Currently I play a Schecter Raiden Special-5 for blues, rock and country tunes, but I want something a bit more metal for the heavier songs in my arsenal.

Which bass do you think will better suit my needs and why?

2. gabrielvv7

gabrielvv7

Mar 10, 2013
    Louisiana
    wow, tough call. but personally, i would go with the stiletto if you're going on the looks. they're both beautiful.

Gabbs and AxxGrey like this.
  3. AxxGrey

AxxGrey

Apr 23, 2015
    Personally, I love both. It's a very hard decision.

4. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I have a Stiletto Elite, but personally I would get the Omen, I like the binding around the body and it has the curved top. The Stiletto is flat.
    Purely aesthetics of course as both seem to have very similar if not identical features otherwise.

5. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I prefer the C5 the most, but if you like double hums, Omen is great. Omen has the same body shape as C5 and Hellraiser and Damien and has great weight balance on a strap. Stilettos can get easily neck heavy but then again if the Raiden is working for you, Stiletto has similar weight distribution.

Some great deals can be found here:
    Bass

The Damien Elite is also a wonderful choice if you want something for metal.

6. I had the Stiletto Extreme 4. I really liked it great bass for the moo-la sounded and looked killer too.

7. andrew91

andrew91

Aug 11, 2014
    Texas
  8. Break tradition and get the Diamond P5 active model.

Old school tradition combined with modern electronics and a reinforced neck.

9. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If you play rock and metal, go with the stiletto.

AxxGrey likes this.
  10. gabrielvv7

gabrielvv7

Mar 10, 2013
    Louisiana
    Schecter Bass Stiletto Vintage 4 4 String | eBay
    For about the same amount of money as a new stiletto extreme you can also get one of these.
    I found them not too long ago, and I fell in love immediatelly. They sound KILER and they look just as good.

Crystalman85 and AxxGrey like this.
  11. AxxGrey

AxxGrey

Apr 23, 2015
    The Stiletto Vintage-4 looks great but I am a little wary as to the tone!

12. Those are beautiful indeed; I almost purchased one a while back, but I didn't like the fact it only had a 2-band EQ - otherwise I probably would have walked out with it.

13. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    Stilleto. I love em.

Crystalman85 likes this.
  14. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I got both the basses in my user pic at around the same time, an Ibanez SR700 and the Schecter Elite. I have to say they're both great basses but I agree, having that extra Mid EQ would have made the Schecter bass just perfect. (and essentially a Schecter Studio). So I would probably recommend opting for a used Schecter Studio.

15. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    I rock a JD Deservio Signature model.

Not what your looking for in an answer, but my main player for every type of music.

Either way, their both kick ass basses.

Put our logo over the BLS image.

AxxGrey and Crystalman85 like this.
  16. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Same here. It's been my main bass for many good years. I like these basses for their smooth curvaceous design and their versatility. I own 2 of them. a 5-string and a 4-string. they're both keepers for me.

17. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    Lucky dog. I'm more on a fender binge at the moment, well squier (1 matt freeman, 1 p/j). But I do plan on picking up a stilleto 5er when i want that low b, or maybe a bead stilleto custom.. or maybe a jazz 5, i'm a little weary of active stuff crapping out mid set...

18. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Schecter stiletto basses has a good battery life. also the stiletto custom would be an excellent choice if you're a fan of mahogany body basses. I too dig bass guitars with jazz-styled pick-ups. I own a fernandes gravity 5x and it sounded pretty cool. it has a nice punchy sound. it's a shame that their a little rare to find. fernandes should continue making these basses. other than that, it's a great sounding bass. recently, I've been interested in trying out the rockbass corvette basic. if I get a chance to go to a guitar center or a sam ash, I would like to try them out. other than that, I still schecter stiletto basses.

19. scourgeofgod

scourgeofgod

Aug 17, 2006
    Like you said they are pretty much the same save for the body shape, so choose the shape you like more. Personally I prefer the Stiletto. Like stated above, you can get a used Stiletto Custom 4 for probably cheaper than a new Stiletto Extreme-4 or Omen Extreme-4. One final suggestion, someone mentioned the new Vintage 4, I'd like to nominate the Stealth as well.