Which seems like a better deal? (Free Shipping Poll)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ultra60, Mar 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. $900 with free shipping

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. $825 + $75 shipping

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nothing more than a little experiment to see how people feel about having to pay for shipping... which has gotten expensive these days. If a poll like this exists, please point me to it. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  2. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    If you're required to pay sales tax, $825 + $75 would be the better deal. Or if you could opt to pick up the bass in person for $825. Otherwise it’s $900 either way. There is generally no such thing as “Free Shipping”.

The poll needs a “There’s no difference unless you’re paying sales tax and/or picking it up in person for $825” option. ;)

ultra60 likes this.
  3. Just curious if there's anything psychological behind paying $825 + $75 shipping, or $900 with free shipping. I realize the amount is the same. It's a different presentation. With shipping being as expensive as it is these days do buyers object to seeing these kinds of numbers, or would they prefer to see the all inclusive (free shipping) number?

4. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Free shipping always gets the first click to check out the ad, but in the example you gave, it's a total wash. I'd buy whichever one had something slightly more attractive than the other (assuming you don't mean it's the same bass from 2 different sellers.)

ultra60 likes this.
  5. Our responses hit about the same time. I'm wondering, from a seller's perspective, what buyers would prefer to see. I'm thinking free shipping.

Al T. likes this.
  6. Sure 900$ but with free shipping eh ...

7. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    I agree. When I have to pay for shipping, it often seems like a completely seperate transaction (plus i have to do math :rage:.)

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021