Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which setup would you go with

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dougray, Jun 5, 2002.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i am having a dilema choosing,i have a schecter "elite" 5 string which has the EMG Hz's and EMG/BTS pre-amp,the tone is ok kinda "trebly" . ok,which would you choose to upgrade?: the EMG BQC-sys with the HZ's or BQC-sys with EMG 40DC's,or bartiloni NTBTG pre-amp with bart xM45M's? both these setups are around the same price,except the EMG you get the knobs...any suggestions, thnx in advance...PS does anyone know what the magnet specs are for the HZ's? ,, ;)

2. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I would go with the Bartolini. Warmer and less treble than the EMG IMO. As usual, YMMV.

3. dougray

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    thanks for the reply ,here is what i am going with,EMG 40DC's (neck&bridge) BT pre-amp,wired 18volt. the pickups should be here by thursday,i'll post as to how everything turns out...

4. dougray

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    update: installed the emg 40dc's and btc pre amp,wired it for 18volts, the sound is great! punchy with high's but not to high,good lows as well ,all around good even tone,i would recommend this setup,plus a new set of DR strings doesnt hurt either... :D