1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which should I buy Peavey Foundation or Peavey Patriot

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cajunbass1985, Jun 2, 2011.

1. cajunbass1985

cajunbass1985

Mar 27, 2011
    Kansas City
    I have the option to buy either a Peavey USA Foundation or Peavey USA Patriot. Both basses in great shape with their original hard shell cases. They both play great have a good feel to them. Same price. The Foundation is black the Patriot is red. I really want to buy them both but can only buy one at this time. I don't know a whole lot about Peavey basses. Which one would be the better choice.

2. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    Both are great basses however the Foundation is more versatile.

3. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Foundation, it has two pickups and thereby more offers more options.

4. tabdog

tabdog

Feb 9, 2011
    I agree that the Foundation will probably
    suit you better. ( I'm guessing ) It is more
    versatile.

The Patriot is a bright punchey bass that
    really takes some skill to get the best out
    of it. ( just my opinion )

Tabdog

5. cajunbass1985

cajunbass1985

Mar 27, 2011
    Kansas City
    Thanks. I was leaning towards the foundation anyway just wanted to see what everyone on here had to say since i havent had much experience with these basses. I think ill buy the Foundation and give a deposit on the Patriot. The guy wants like 150 each on them is this a fair deal. The guy has two Fury basses as well he told me when i get the cash to make an offer any idea what those are worth.

6. Goodlawdy

Goodlawdy

Mar 27, 2008
    My thoughts exactly on this bass. I have one and it's a blast to play. But I haven't figured out how to get the low end out of it.

7. nocontrols

nocontrols

Apr 2, 2011
    This. I'm a P guy so I'm happy with my Fury but I do want to try a Foundation some day.

8. nocontrols

nocontrols

Apr 2, 2011
    In the same ballpark as the Foundation. But it depends on how old it is, what condition it's in, who's selling it and what they want, etc. etc. I've seen them for as low as $75 and as high as $300. My 94 which is in "dinged and scuffed up but still amazingly functional" condition was $110 from a pawn shop selling via eBay. I think 150ish would be fair.