1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which signal to amplify

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Palomo, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Palomo

Palomo

Jun 16, 2017
    Venezuela
    hello, im setting up a bass for sale. it's a cheap bass that has a very confortable playing, it's build allows a very low action.

i took out the screws of the electronics cavity and i found that the signal that was conected for amplifying was the (-). it has a very particular sound but im thinking about setting it up in the commun way.

There are something just bad in the circuit, i have uploaded a picture for you to see.

have any of you setted up your bass with the (-) signal for amplifiying?

Attached Files:

2. Palomo

Palomo

Jun 16, 2017
    Venezuela
    well, this is what happened: the conductors are inverted, what should be the ground is the positive (the shield, especifically) and viceversa.

i made a curcuit with volume pot for each pickup and tone pot just for the neck pickup, this way can be mixed a filtered signal from the neck pickup and a "clean" (but noisy) signal from the bridge.