1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which size should I pick? (35" bass)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by burrahobbit, Oct 2, 2013.

1. burrahobbit

burrahobbit

Sep 7, 2012
    Argentina
    Hello,

I've decided to get some LaBella flats for my upcoming fretless bass, but I have this doubt that's driving me crazy.
    The bass is a 35" neckthrough. Now, when I'm selecting my options on bassstringonline for the strings I'm buying, I'm presented with this scenario:

34" Long Scale - 37" Winding
    Extra Long Scale - 38" Winding

It's my first time using a longer scale bass, and this is probably confusing me much more than it should, but I just don't know which of the two is the right one to pick, and I don't want to mess up. So, which should I get?
    Thanks in advance!

2. ajax1

ajax1 Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    What you need to do is send an email to Jason at Bassstringonline and tell him what your bass is and he will send you a list of strings that will fit, including all the details on windings, etc. That's what I did a while back and Jason told me exactly what strings would fit my Peavey Cirrus.