1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which straplocks for Ric 4003 and 4004

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 4-Stringer, Sep 25, 2008.

1. nearly dropped on of my basses today :eek:
    Now it's time for straplocks, please recommend some that fit without changes on a Ric 4003 and 4004.

I'd like to keep the modification reversable, in case I want to sell a bass one day it should be possible to return it to it's original state.

Thx!

2. deekay911

deekay911 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    My 2007 4003 came as standard with Schaller straplocks fitted, which is good cos I have always used them and swear by them (not at them)... :)

3. Lefty Geek

Lefty Geek

Feb 13, 2006
    NYC
  4. DaveF

DaveF

Dec 22, 2007
    New Westminster, BC
    Which is why you bought a Rickenbacker. :bag:

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL

These are Schallers designed to drop on to Rics, the same as used by the factory. No drilling or modification is required, they drop right on.

$20 the pair.

http://www.the-music-connection.com/ricpart.htm#accessories

(No connection, just a satisfied past customer)

6. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    I've been using the Schaller strap locks for years, work great and don't cost a forturn.

Todd :)

7. JFace

JFace

Apr 17, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    When we say they drop in, we mean you don't even have to change the pin. Just use the lock on the stock pin; it's the same thing.

8. Lefty Geek

Lefty Geek

Feb 13, 2006
    NYC
    Well, I got the bass for "cheap", and the controls on the Rick are easy. Not as easy as my P-bass, but with one tone control per pickup, it's still quite easy.

If you don't want to spend $1.50 on the Dunlop straplocks I showed above, you can use a simple rubber washer. Stoppers from Grolsch beers fit nicely and are quite popular. Plus you get to drink the beer.

9. yeah, the beer thing isn't bad, but those washers are usually orange. If they would be black.......

10. okay, bought some Schallers. They really fit on the Ric pins, no changes necessary :)
    Thank you VERY much for the hint!

11. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    awesome, glad it worked out for you!
    Todd :)