Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which strings for G&L L2000?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Just snatched an L2K off the Evil Bay, and was looking for a string recommendation. I play Classic and Modern rock primarily. I have played rounds mostly, but am open to flat suggestions.

2. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    DA XLs were good. So were Ken Smith Bass Burners. I like steel but did not care for it on a G&L L-2500. If you want a great old school tone, TI flats are a great match. I have heard the TI Powerbass really match up with the G&Ls but have never played them.

Dave

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think a basic Ernie Ball string, your gauge of choice, might really work. They are a nice string that sit well in the mix without being too radical, and they let you control the dynamics pretty well.

4. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    I'm using Powerbass on my L2000 now, I had Rotosound before them. I like them better than Rotosound, but that's pretty much all I can say. :ninja:

5. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I am going to give the Powerbass a shot. Damn pricey they are. :meh:

6. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still a little dissapointed in the G-string (I still can't type that without smiling a little inside). It's still weak for my tastes. Maybe it always will be, maybe that's normal, maybe I just don't know enough to know that I shouldn't worry about it.

However, played through the ThunderfunkAccugroove it sounds nice and meaty - perfect. Played through the computer, it sounds like a guitar string.