which strings have red stuff at the end

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by monkeybrainz, May 4, 2005.

1. monkeybrainz

Apr 28, 2005
    sorry i dont know the proper word for the stuff :)

but yeah they are roundwound. i dont think they are ghs boomers though, what other strings have red stuff at the end?
  2. buddahbass

Dec 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Rotosound rs66 or something like that, but they are rotosound longscale and they sound great! oh, and it is called wrapping
  3. monkeybrainz

Apr 28, 2005
    ah thanks they do sound great, im pretty sure its them now. unless anyone has any other ideas on what they could be.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    My TI Superalloys have red stuff on the ends.

5. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    My rotosounds have red wrapping the top and end of the string's
  6. So does whatever is on my SRX right now, Ernie Ball Slinkey's IIRC.
  7. monkeybrainz

Apr 28, 2005
    hm. now im not so sure they are the rotosounds but thanks everyone.
  8. monkeybrainz

Apr 28, 2005
    yeah the strings i played were in guitar center, they dont carry any TI strings as far as i know. i thought it was rotosounds at first, but from what i've heard those are very bright, these strings were not.
  9. They could've just been on there for a long time, which would make any string not sound too bright...
  10. Last set of GHS boomers I used did indeed have red wrapping at the end, of course that was 5 years ago.....
  11. amused2KAOS

Apr 22, 2005
    definitely rotosounds.
  12. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

My Yamaha RBX270 bass at school (which is the school's), came with roundwounds with red stringyness on the ends. I haven't ever changed the strings, they are like 4 years old now. I don't change them simply because I don't feel like spending money on new strings for a bass that isn't really mine. I don't know brand the strrings are, they're just the ones that came with the bass when the school bought it. But I guess it doesn't really matter since I don't really like them. I believe that they are nickel plated though. And they have gold colored circle thingies on the bridge end.
  13. The strings that came with my Squire P-Bass have red on em.
  14. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    My stock Squier strings had them.
  15. pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    I myself enjoy them....i put em on both my basses except for the pbass which i string with D+R highbeams

i like to call the wrapping "string socks"...it is more confusing to my guitarist and drummer :)
  16. edulmes

Aug 21, 2004
    Oostburg WI
    Does the wrapping at the ends make any difference to the tone, or is it just for looks?

BTW, my Cort Action 4 came with red wrapping on both ends.