1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which Suicidal Tendencies album has the best bass work?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tupac, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    In my opinion, it would be Art of Rebellion. A lot of great Rob stuff hidden on that album. Check the bass fills at 5:12 and onwards on Asleep at the Wheel.

2. Direct Box Rox

Direct Box Rox Silence = Deaf

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Lights...camera...revolution.

3. I like "Prime Cuts" It's their "greatest hits" album, so to speak.

4. I love how will I laugh tomorrow. I really can care less about bass performance. Its their best album imo

5. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    rasberry, boisenberry,strawberry ... that's my jam!

can't remember which album

6. kweej

kweej

Nov 30, 2012
    Art of Rebellion. I love his playing, and I love Metallica. But he's wasted in Metallica. They need to turn him loose.

7. Join the Army, without a doubt. Louiche Mayorga was badass! AND he wrote most of the songs on that album as well! which he didn't get credit for! who cares about that later funky infectious BS. everybody and their brother does that crap. listen to the grooves on Army. what a great bass player AND songwriter. an awesome musician with great taste. Muir was a douche for kicking him out. ST went to crap later on and its all because of Muir.

8. chrispunx

chrispunx

Aug 11, 2010
    Utica, NY
    suicidals best albums are their self titled and lights, camera...revolution. of the two LCR would have the better bass work. but for overall feeling S/T any day of the week. lots of aggression. aggression for days.

9. I used to luv that tune "waking the dead" which album was it? theres also a live version of them on a comp,, theres two songs and one is I killed your mommy but the intro to that song is unbelievable slap bass I didn't know the dude could slap the bass like that... if nobody knows maybe I can find the CD for more details,,, I doubt its the guy from metallica though--I suk with names...

10. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Correct.

As for Trujillo, I prefer his Infectious Grooves stuff to the ST stuff. Still doesn't sit right with me as the Metallica bassist either, but that's another thread.

11. musicianary

musicianary

Jun 23, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Idk.. All their stuff tends to be killer..

12. halfjackson

halfjackson

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Man, I haven't listened to any ST in ages. I thought that they were a cool band but I was always way more into Infectious Grooves.

13. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    That would be Savor Da Flavor on Sarsippius's Ark. (infectious grooves)

14. halfjackson

halfjackson

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston, MA
    That's good, but...I mean butt, like the butt the lady in the third row of the church choir be having. But...my $%&@ be slamatocious on that...

15. devilman666

devilman666

Apr 23, 2011
    manchester nh
    infectious grooves crushed

16. obimark

obimark Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2011
    I think Rob is a cool guy, but I have to agree- he hasn't added much of anything to the recorded Metallica work. Yeah I know he gets into it live, and plays that 5 string at his ankles. But point me to a recording where his bass added anything to the track.
    YOu can do that with CLiff and Jason, but not Rob. To me he is there 'hired tour" gun. (and there music has SUCKED hard anyhow since he came onboard, not that the two are related.)