1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which tone pot? Warwick Rockbass Corvette $$

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Systolic, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Systolic

Systolic Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin
    As we all know, Warwick oddly put a 250k tone pot in the Rockbass Corvette $$, when they really should have gone with a 500k (due to the humbuckers.) It is time that i get the error corrected on my bass. I'm just not sure exactly which pot i'm needing. If somebody would like to point me in the right direction (paste in a link) to what I would want/need I'd be much obliged.

DevinWard369 likes this.
  2. Antisyzygy

Antisyzygy

Dec 8, 2014
    Washington
    You just need something like this :

New! CTS 500K Split Shaft Audio Pot Potentiometer - Volume or Tone for Fender

A potentiometer with an audio taper is essential for a useable tone knob. So make sure you look for 500k AUDIO pots if you want to shop around some more. Alpha, CTS, and Bourns are all good companies. I think the more expensive Warwicks use MEC as well but MEC makes some pretty unique, multi-function pots that cost a lot of money.

One thing I'll just throw out there. You can upgrade your pot to a 500k one and also add some more functionality.

For example :

Mid Control Tone Pot for Bass Push Pull 3 Settings Custom KellingSound

Custom Bass Tone Pot High Pass Low Pass Bourns 500k KellingSound

Kellingsound makes custom stuff if you contact him, so he could do that with a 500k pot and you can throw any other ideas for functionality at him to see if he can do it. It doesn't cost more than what he lists for his premade stuff. You'd be looking at 25-30 dollars for a totally custom pot.

I have no affiliation.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  3. Systolic

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin
    500k Audio Taper....got it. I'm not at home currently, but i'm fairly certain that they are knurled split shaft pots on there, but can anyone confirm that? I wouldn't mind getting it on order right away.

4. Antisyzygy

Antisyzygy

Dec 8, 2014
    Washington
  5. Systolic

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin
  6. Antisyzygy

Antisyzygy

Dec 8, 2014
    Washington
    Ahh.. I have no idea.

If you remember whether your knobs have a screw on the side or not, that can give you some idea. Generally knobs with the setting screw are for solid shafts, otherwise you can probably use a knurled split shaft pot without a problem.

7. Systolic

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin
    Pretty sure it's a push on. So a knurled split shaft is probably correct.

8. Systolic

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin