1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which used Ibanez ATK?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FingerDub, Jul 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FingerDub

FingerDub Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Really attracted to the ATK right now. Seems like the MM and Rick killer on a budget without giving up much.

@rogerbmiller I saw you are a fan...has anything changed? Should I still seek a 300 series? I want impolite.

Is it ok to just settle on the bridge pup only or do I want the jazz bar at the neck also?

rogerbmiller likes this.
  2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I am still an avid fan. Have been ever since they came out to that is unlikely to change! :)

I only own the single pickup models. I had a newer ATK800 which had both pickups a couple of years ago. It was a nice bass but didn't sound like the older ones. In short I like the other single PU models way better.

The key descriptor I use for the sound is impolite. It's a pretty intense preamp. The newer ones were voiced so that the mids and treble were more mellow. The original 300 cuts and growls. I did a sound demo of my 300 which I can post here in a little bit.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    JCooper likes this.
  3. JCooper

JCooper ...meep.

Oct 21, 2009
    Vermont
    I had a 305 that I wish I still had...

FingerDub likes this.
  4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Here is a link to the demo I recorded. This was one in IOS Garage band on my iPhone using an iRig interface. About as simple as it gets in terms of gear.

As I recall the amp plug in was their uncolored GK type interface. I didn't manipulate settings or boost.

Two tracks for the bass- one for the groove and one to add some texture in the upper register.

FingerDub and Mark76 like this.
  5. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I just posted the demo for you...

FingerDub likes this.
  6. FingerDub

FingerDub Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Cool, good stuff.

rogerbmiller likes this.