1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Warwick? Corvette FNA vs Corvette Standard Ash

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sifi76, May 16, 2011.

1. sifi76

sifi76

Mar 14, 2007
    New Zealand
    Hiya, time to shell out for another wick, currently I own a LX, which I love the tone of but prefer the body shape of a vette, I also used to own a ray, hence why I am looking at a wick FNA. The FNA in question is a 4 string, in Honey Violin Hi-Polish.. it's a used, but so well looked after it it's pretty much near new, 98 FNA with the all wenge neck as opposed to the later ovankol/wenge model. The contender to this beauty is a new corvette std, act/act 4 stringer, ash in orange oil finish. My question is, given that the FNA has a 3 band circuit compared to the std, does that mean a better tone set? I'm not looking for a chameleon here, basically I'm looking for something similar to what my ray used to offer but I prefer wick's build quality and woods.. and dare I say it.. neck thickness lol. I am also keen on a more vintage jazz/p type sound if I can get it, hence why I am looking at the std as well as an option. The styles It would be used for go from heavy rock to classic rock and a little funk for good measure, and while a nice variety of tone is usefull, I can still get away with a one or two trick pony if I need to.

The FNA is the one I am really looking at mainly because of the similarity to a MM (and yes I know due to pup placement they are fundamentaly different animals), but I need some solid advice from owners of either of these two as to which I should be heading for. And yes I know the bubinga std has a deeper warmer tone, but I like the snap of a lighter wood such as ash or maple so that's not what I am going for.

so which tree will it be? :meh:

2. syndroam

syndroam

Sep 30, 2009
    Hellas
    FNA, more options.

3. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    I'd go for the FNA too.