Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by product 14, Mar 16, 2003.

Poll closed Jul 14, 2003.
  1. thumb bolt on

31 vote(s)
  2. thumb bolt on bleached blonde ltd. 2003

11 vote(s)
  3. corvette standard

17 vote(s)
  4. other warwick or bass from other company please post.

40 vote(s)
  1. :bassist: Here is the question. Which warwick? All responces will be greatly appreaciated.
  2. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    Looks? Or sound.

Never played any of them, but the plain old Thumb Bolt-on is quite fetching IMO.
  3. If I had a Warwick it would be a Streamer or Fortress, so i voted for the last option.
  4. If I could get another Warwick, I'd get a Dolphin.
  5. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I like the looks of the Corvette, but I never played any of em. I also like the Streamer Stage 2.
  6. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Why aren't any streamers on the poll?? :confused:
    The corvette sounds/ plays nice, but it way too heavy for my comfort, and the body is a bit smaller than I'd like. I've never been a fan of most warwick's tone, but nice instruments.
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

How is this a mega thread?:rolleyes:

Check out a Dolphin or a Streamer Stage II.
  8. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Assuming you are looking to purchase one, what is your budget? The SS2 is, IMO, the best of the product line. There is a big price difference between the SS2 and a Corvette Standard, though.

I own a Corvette Standard and I love it. Great sound and playablity. As for the weight of the 'Vette, I can't say it has ever bothered me.
  9. Steamer Stage II. I've found it has the most tone flexibility of any bass I've tried. I thought nothing could replace my Corvette Pro Line but the Streamer has become my primary axe.

10. I agree with Embellisher. I can see 5 Warwicks from where I am sitting, and there is no question (IMHO) that the Streamer Stage II and the Dolphin Pro 1 are the best of the Warwicks.

I prefer the Streamer for it's shape and versatility. The Dolphin is also very versatile and much lighter than the Streamer. Thumb basses sound good too but the balance doesn't suit me personally.
  11. Amethska

Jan 27, 2003
    NJ, USA
    I've only played the corvette, but it was definitely the better of the basses I've played. It's really heavy, but I like the density, and the small body. The natural wood looks really nice, too.
  12. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I think it was named a megathread in hopes of it becoming one. ;)

[Bruce L. voice on}

Yet another flawed poll with limited options that doesn't give us useable numbers. :rolleyes:

[Bruce voice off]
  13. ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I voted other, I'd get a streamer (prob an LX, or if funds allowed a Stage II), because I've got a Thumb BO and a corvette already.
  14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

See - it's not just me - the longer you stay around here the more you will see fatally-flawed polls and the likelier you are to get annoyed by them - I've just seen more than most!! ;)

The point here of course is typical - so if he had just asked the question - which Warwick should I buy? - and left it open; then he could have got some sensible replies - whereas most of the replies have been about the poll not having any Streamer options. So the poll has actually hindered the poster getting what was wanted and has acted as an "irritant factor" for any readers, who were going to suggest something other than what is there.

The whole thread would have been much better off, if the poll had just been left out - which is fairly typical

Oh and I would have said some kind of Streamer as well!! :D
  15. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    custom corvette proline/fna mix 5 string. Hope to get a stage 2 in the future but the custom is amazing sounding
  16. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Personally, the only Warwick bass that I like is the Corvette Proline. Most look really nice though.
  17. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

Ilike it and use it alot[​IMG]
  18. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

this is a 1996 corvette fretless with bassline pickups and I use it alot, the stingray is a great bass for sound change but the warwick has alot of meat !
  19. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    the only warwick I've played that I've liked very much was a Streamer Stage II and I liked it VERY much.
  20. theautarch

Mar 18, 2003
    i just bought a used one. it sounds great..it's the ocean blue satin finish. it's only my second bass in seven years!!!! it has a small blem on the bottom. i've been long over due for a new bass, and i couldnt' spend a lot of money..it was the best buy for the buck.......