Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by coloradok1d, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Warwick Corvette Standard 5

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Warwick Corvette Proline 5

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. coloradok1d

coloradok1d Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    Should I get a corvette proline or a corvette standard? please ignore pickups and preamps as I will be upgrading them to villex or other. The only problem I have with the standard is that it doesn't look as cool as the pro line and weight. I have not played a proline yet, but once I see one I will!

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I voted for the Standard 5 (I own a Standard 4.)

I am a bit curious, however. Why are you planning to switch out the pups/pre on a bass you haven't played yet? Or would the Villex pups go into the Standard only?

3. coloradok1d

coloradok1d Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    i'd put villex in the standard. I live in South dakota right now so finding any basses is an issue.

4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Oh, ok. If you end up with the Standard/Villex setup, post some clips. I would be interested in hearing them. I don' t think you will be disappointed with either choice, though. :)

5. i went with a standard because i wanted a bubinga body, either way they both kick butt.

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I think the Proline would be the bass to get between the two.. I've played both and the Std just didn't have much to it... just my ears though

7. theautarch

theautarch

Mar 18, 2003
    the proline5...it's a nice bass...

8. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I'd get the Proline. The body is alot lighter IMO and it has better looks.

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I was in a sams trash one time and a guy was playing his custom shop warwick it was the only warwick i have seen with a pickguard and it had lipstick pickups he said it was a vintage style. Best of luck in your choice.

10. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    meh, that's no custom shop

[​IMG]

Fortress Flashback. rare, but nothing terribly special.

11. coloradok1d

coloradok1d Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    Which one do you guys think sound better? What I really mean is will bubinga sound the same as maple. Because I love the sound of the corvette standard.