1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which wireless? (Shure/Line 6/Boss)

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Zbysek, Feb 11, 2020.

Which would you recommend?-based on your experience

This poll will close on Mar 12, 2020 at 5:30 AM.
  1. Shure GLXD16

51.7%
  2. Line 6 Relay G70

3.4%
  3. Line 6 Relay G50

20.7%
  4. Boss WL60

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Boss WL50

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Carrots

24.1%
  1. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I am planning to acquire (my first) wireless. There are two main contenders on my shortlist: Shure GLXD16 and Line Relay G70. I have been considering others as well (see the poll). I am seeking advice/recommendation. I would very much appreciate hand on experience with at least two units. I will be using it with my active basses (MM Sterling, Fender Dimension Bass MIA).

Thank you.

2. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    Been using Senn D1 for about 2 yrs now... moved there after much research from a G90.

Zbysek likes this.
  3. DonaldR

DonaldR

Mar 26, 2012
    Playing mostly at home, with occasional party and small gigs. Got a Line6 G30 6 months ago, working very well: affordable, small, light, sounds the same as a cable, no drop-outs and using a regular guitar cable make it compatible with active basses. A short 1-foot cable keeps my transmitter down the strap and makes it easy to swap basses (or guitars). Receiver also working well on 9v lithium-ion rechargeable battery for 2-2.5 hours. Should have bought one years ago!
    No G30 on your list, so cannot vote.

Bassdirty, Oktyabrski and Zbysek like this.
  4. RhynoRock

RhynoRock

Dec 19, 2012
    Fredonia, NY
    I use the Line 6 G10 with the updated base. Works great.

Bassdirty and Zbysek like this.
  5. We have a number of GLXDs, and I've used the Line 6 G55, all work great. GLXD has Li-Ion battery pack, charger in the unit. Great sound. Haven't tried the others.

Randy

Zbysek likes this.
  6. thabassmon

thabassmon

Sep 26, 2013
    New Zealand
    I have and use a Line 6 G30. Not on you list so can't vote.

Works absolutely fine, no failures, no dropouts, no problems.

It was a gift, and I did have my doubts about it's performance originally but after trying it and using it for a while, I can say it has worked very well for me and I am enjoying the freedom that wireless allows.

DonaldR and Zbysek like this.
  7. +1 on Sennheiser. And if you're playing small to medium clubs/bars get the XSW-D Instrument set.

Zbysek likes this.
  8. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Do I understand correctly that you would recommend both GLXD and G55? Thank you.

steveksux likes this.
  9. Nothing to add! I've got mine at ebay in mint condition for a very reasonable price.

10. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I've owned both Line 6 systems and now the Shure GLXD16 system. To the best is the Shure for tone, toughness and battery life. I love how it doubles as a Tuner pedal with the built in tuner also. I can gig 3-4 shows on 1 battery charge. I 've walked away during practices and the range gets up to 100ft away and that's with no noticeable latency. I absolutely love my system. IMG_3409.jpg

osv, MAXSPINRUN and Zbysek like this.
  11. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Thank you.

I lke your pedalboard...

12. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I just had that made to my specs for the Gator case I have through Jamboard USA on Facebook. Their prices are really cheap and he will make you anything you want. Quality is topnotch. IMG_3410.jpg

13. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    It's a beauty! :)

14. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    The reason why I didn't put G30 on my shortlist is the poor battery door which has been discussed here on TB...

You seem to have no problem with that door-is that right?

musicman7722 likes this.
  15. thabassmon

thabassmon

Sep 26, 2013
    New Zealand
    No I don't have any problem with the battery door, there is a sliding latch that you move to open it to put the batteries in, then you just close it properly and slide the latch it the opposite direction that you opened it with.

Really that simple.

I can see how people have problems though, just expecting the latch to move itself in a perfectly closed position.

Zbysek and Oktyabrski like this.
  16. thabassmon

thabassmon

Sep 26, 2013
    New Zealand
    I will take some pics so you see what I mean.

Zbysek likes this.
  17. DonaldR

DonaldR

Mar 26, 2012
    As @thabassmon said, no problem either. If you take care of your gear you will have no problem. Remember there's always more people writing when then break something then people writing when everything's alright.
    I'm using EBL 2800mAh rechargeable AA batteries in the transmitter and they last 8-10 hours.

Zbysek likes this.
  18. DonaldR

DonaldR

Mar 26, 2012
    Probably a Shure GLDX-16 is better but it's more than 2x the price, much bigger and with proprietary cable (I need right angle cable).

Zbysek likes this.
  19. thabassmon

thabassmon

Sep 26, 2013
    New Zealand
    Pics of G30 battery door.
    IMG_20200213_165925.jpg note the natural position of the latch.
    IMG_20200213_170005.jpg slide latch to left to close it properly. Problem avoided.
    IMG_20200213_170026.jpg like a said, that simple.

Attached Files:

DonaldR, Zbysek and Oktyabrski like this.
  20. RhynoRock

RhynoRock

Dec 19, 2012
    Fredonia, NY
    I had a G30 a few years ago, had the latch problem. So I stretched a thick rubber band around it to keep it closed. I went with the G10 for the rechargeable transmitter.

Speaking of which, has Line 6 discontinued the G10? It's not listed on Musiciansfriend anymore