Which Would be the Most Efficient

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jambassist, Apr 17, 2004.

1. jambassist

Sep 1, 2002
    Easton, PA
    Hey all, here's what my dilemma is. I have a Mesa Walkabout that is really great. Now I'm looking for a 210 cab to go with it. The choice is narrowed to the following:

Bagend D10B-XD
    -SPL is 100db and frequency response is 40-20khz

Eden 210XLT
    -SPL is 103db and frequency response is 48-14khz

both cabs are 4 ohms which I want. They both sound good and the Bagend is $75 more.

I've read reviews on both and everyone likes them. Any recommendations, technical data, etc. will be appreciated. I can't afford to make a mistake on this.

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    The XLT is more efficient.

I prefer the sound of the BE D10BX-D.
    Bag End's data is conservatively rated, but the XLT will be somewhat louder.

I also prefer the XST to the XLT, but the XLT is also more efficient than the XST.

The EA NL210 & Epifani T210 are very good cabs, as is the Bergantino HT210 (though EA & Berg are 8ohm only).
  3. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    I use a q10bx-d. (in conjunction with an eden wp100 pre, and carvin dcm 1000 power amp) I've tried both eden, and bag end cabs, and I preferred the bag end tone. It has a much more round, full tone than the eden 4x10s, and the coaxial driver sounds absolutely great. It actually does better with the very low end side of things than any 4x10 I've tried. The one cab is all I need. Adding a 15, or 18 would just be overkill. It really pounds. I haven't tried the d10, but I'm sure you'd get great results, even with a 2x10. My vote goes to bag end, but it's all personal preference. What kind of tone are you going for? The Gordon/Lesh crystal clear sound, or more of an old school low, fundamental tone?