Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which would you buy? Very simple.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jason Hale, Apr 7, 2003.

Which would you buy? Very simple.

Poll closed Jun 11, 2003.
  1. Cort Elrick JPS5

4 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Modulus Quantum 5

50 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. Modulus Vintage Jazz

20 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Pedulla MVP5

19 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. Warwick Thumb Bolt-on 5

27 vote(s)
    16.4%
  6. Yamaha TRB5PII

8 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. Zon Legacy Elite 5

37 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Which would you buy? Very simple.

2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    mod zon or pedulla

3. Either of the Moduli.

4. umm.... I'd choose a Roscoe!! (but it's not on your list).

5. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I'd go for the Modulus Q5. AWESOME bass and has great looks.

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Amen! To me, those a league apart from the other choices...........and not just in resale/trade-in value.

7. Voted Pedulla MVP5, because I know for a fact I would be just as happy with the bass 5 years from now, not just the first week/month of ownership. Personally, no bass I have ever had the pleasure of playing, had the combination of playability, tone, and quality that would equal it. JMO

Second would be Zon, third Modulus Quantum.

:bassist:

8. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    put it this was i own a music man and a carvin and one of those 3 will be my next one!

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

could someone post a pic of a mod vintage jazz i have never seen that one.

10. Modulus Q5. What a great instrument...loved ever one I've seen/played. Screams modern.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The Q5 will make you its bitch.

Which is just the kind of bass everyone needs to own, eh?

12. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Defintley the Modulus Five, with barts and a 3 band eq. to go with them. Some day I will buy that, though I really don't have the money now.

13. Yep.

14. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    It would depend on woods and options, but of your choices I would probably pick the Pedulla. My second choice would be the Q5, but I really liked the pedulla I owned. I like the 34" scale and the bartolini electionics.

GGGoo Pedulla! I will own a pentabuzz again someday.

15. I used to own 2 Modulus basses, one was an M-92-5string fretless, and a quantum 5 string fretted. I loved the basses however I had no way to adjust the neck for personal preference. The only adjustment was bridge height. I also used to own a Pedulla MVP-5 and I miss it. I currently also have a Pedulla Pentabuzz, but the fretted twin would be nice to have again. MVP's are probably the best I've ever played!!

16. pedulla

- w00t ^_^

17. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    All of the basses seem to be of the higher-end variety, so it comes down to personal preference. My pick would be Warwick Thumb BO - well, actually one is being built for me as we speak! :D

If I were to get something bit more traditional than the Thumb, I would seriously consider Modulus Genesis 5.. Modulus quality and Mikey T design, yummy! :cool: I don't think they are made anymore but last time I checked, Bass Palace had two etc, not very hard to find.

Zon would be my third pick.

18. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    The question is not which I would choose, but which would you choose? Too be honest, none of the above rotate my socks.

I would and did go with a Turner Electroline with a piezo bridge. My other top picks would be Wal and Alembic.

19. What! No carrots option?! That's what I would buy. If only I had the money to buy some carrots. :bawl: