1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which would you get? artcore or fretless J

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve2, Feb 23, 2008.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I know this is a matter of opinions but I was thinking of trading my ESP B-206 (spalted maple top) 6 string bass. Its a beautiful bass but I just dont utilize all those string. My main to basses is a ATK 300 and a 5 string MM knock off that I really like. My LMS who I deal with have an Ibanez Artcore used don't know what the model is? They also I a Hohner J Bass Fretless that is in mint condition. I know these are different machines just dont know which I would rather have. Thanks for the input on these 2 basses.

The J bass Hohner I think maybe priced high at $400. Oh the neck is unlined with dots on the edge of the freboard. I think I could quickly get used to it. I really did not pay that much attention to the used artcore since I never been around one but it is sunburst and is priced at $250. From a glance it looked in good shape.

I mainly play in a contemporary praise band but would like to play in a band kind of a Sheryl Crow style music and perhaps some acoustic stuff.

Thanks

2. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    I'd get the fretless, since you already have two fretted basses that serve you.

3. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Fretless.

4. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Fretless FTW.

5. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    hahaha this is sooo funny!! i just traded my fretless MIM jazz for an artcore!!! definitely get the artcore. I'm 100% happier with it. plus, you don't know how long they'll still be around. fretless jazzs are always gonna be available.

6. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    also, i've played an sx fretless jazz which was just as good as my fender. just another reason i didnt really wanna hold on to it. the sx are about $100. so take the artcore then get the sx and you'll still have $50 left over to spend on ice cream:)

7. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I called the LMS and he said the artcore is about 1 year old. He has it priced at $250 without case. He says he has a case in stock. The one thing I think about it is like one other posted I could always get a SX or something cheaper in a fretless. The model is a AFB200 on the artcore.

Looks like the artcore would be fun to play on ocassions.

8. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I have the longscale artcore from a few years ago. It's phenominal.
    With that said, try out the afb200. If you like it, grab it up and get one of the SX fretless basses. they really are great. plus the SX will probably look way cooler because you can get one there with block inlays and the chrome pickup/bridge covers for like 10 bucks more. it's good stuff:)