whining guitarist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sixstringbass, Oct 29, 2005.

1. my band is pretty much dead. the only one of us playing is me and my drummer. my guitarist always says "the way i play is too hard to match with guitar" and i say listen to a primus cd. has anyone else had a similair problem or should i just play bass slowwwww. :meh:
  2. It can be a good thing, IME, to learn to play well w/difficult(for whatever reason)players. Be the glue that holds the band together maybe. On the other hand, aren't all guitarists(except bass guitarists ;) )whiny?
  3. why not show the guitar player what you want him to play, or maybe play something that the whole band can play? or maybe get a new guitar player?
  4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    This implies there are guitarists that DON'T whine. I haven't found that to be the case.
  5. ive shown my guitarist what i want him to play and he acts like that just blows his mind and then he doesnt even play anything. ive already kicked out my first guitarist because he always complained that we never played enough or were serious but he didnt even own a guitar or amp. so i kicked him out.
  6. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

If it's your band you should play bass the way you want to and find a guitarist who is inspired by it.
    After all, it wouldn't be that hard to replace him with someone who didn't play anything, but didn't whine either! :rolleyes: