Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whinny parent and kid?? Or bad fashion?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Sep 28, 2004.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Duct taped the baggy pants. Wrong??!!

Is it wrong?? Sounds like a whinny parent and kid. The stuff kids wear to school I could never have gotten away with 13 years ago when I was in school.

Talk and discuss. I want to figure out if I am just being callous.

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Whiny Parent, without a doubt.

If you want to low-ride, you wear long shirts, no one is really that curious if you wear boxers or briefs. He'd probably get mocked anyway, from what it sounds like, at least by me.

Yet another problem of the modern world remedied by duct tape.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Whats the big deal with showing your underwear?

Its still clothes that covers up the parts people dont want shown.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

dress code. School trying to hide the underwear and thong problem. Just the same as the mini mini skirt.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    He was wearing a long shirt. The teacher had to ask him to lift it to see his boxers.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I understand that its a rule, but whats the reason for the rule?

Mini skirts expose, boxers conceal.

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

Then why dont we just wear underwear without pants?? I see your point, but underwear serves a purpose. It is to be under your clothes thus the name.

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Dumb asses, all around. He broke the dress code, he should get a detention or whatever the policy is. If his dress was REALLY out of code they should call his parents and have him picked up, that's what my HS did. -Probably because their heads were not up their posteriors. Teachers should have no right to duct tape students, :p no matter how goofy they look. I'd be pissed if I were the parents too.

9. odie

odie Supporting Member

really I thought they gave him a belt. :eyebrow: Atleast that is what Reg-Green told me.

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Whats the difference between walking around in just boxers and freeballing a pair of shorts?

Words used aside...

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Why be pissed? It's not like the duck tape was applied to the student's skin. Granted the principal didn't have to make him walk around with his shirt tucked in. I think having the parents come and pick the student up should only be a last solution because it causes the students to miss class, which should be avoided as much as possible.

At the school I was working at last year if your pants were sagging they would put zip ties through a couple of your belt loops to cinch the pants up. That's an excellent and cheap solution IMO. Works just like a belt & they didn't require a tucked in shirt.

The dad is definitely whiney. He must have done some SERIOUS whining to cause a national news story.

brad cook

12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Maybe it's just a poorly written article, but from what it seems, the underwear was already in view with the shirt down. The article doesn't really make clear how this happened, but the way I read it, his underwear was already visible.

Wasn't there thread like this and it ended with Brendan posting an Achewood comic?

13. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    $5000 federal dumb@$$ charges all around. Case closed.

14. i go to a public school.

our new head teacher refuses to let you into classes with anything but black shoes.
    mind you, its not been enforced, and thats after parents voting yes on the dresscode. they will never win.

apparently, the 1st years were also told that they were not aloud to wear make up... :eyebrow:

15. sandman_96

sandman_96

Jul 16, 2001
    USA, Oklahoma
    At my old Jr. high school they would duct tape your pant legs around your ankels if you were wearing pants with extremely big pant legs. This only happened to a couple of kids though and there were no complaints about it.

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Underwear are over rated... comandos is way to go... always

Cheers

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Ya... or maybe teachers should consentrate on acctually teaching kids math/reading/spelling and not give fasion tips :D i ratha see my kid read and run around in underwear (freakazoid freakazoo) then other way around...

And now for song that just came to my head http://www.bigballz.com/freak.html

Cheers

18. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I'm telling you anyone born after 1989 is so.....so..... I don't know how to discribe them.

I swear look at the people born in the late 80's compared to born in the early 90's. The differences are incredible. When I was younger we never told on each other. the younger kids always tell on each other. We always got dirty they stayed on the gravel. I explained my theory on my bus ride home to a group of grade 10's 11's and 12's and they see it. I call it now "the years of spoilling". I'm not shure how it is around you, but around where I live. Its like a wall. Normal children on this side 90's kids over there.

Whats this have to do with this thread? Not much but think about it.

19. whats their alleged problem with baggy pants??

20. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Well if he's talking about those raver-kid pants with the enormous legs then I'd say the problem is they look ridiculous. :smug:

brad cook