whip cream? funny little story/rant

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by soundoholic, Jun 8, 2003.

1. It was durring the last song of our set. The house was packed. Shoulder to shoulder. The place was just rock'n. The place of the gig was actually three stories. But each level looked over the stage. So back to the last song. I'm playing fine and dandy and wham! a piece of ice hits me in the head. I look around, no big deal. Didn't hurt me, what do you do? So I keep playing, didn't screw up.:D

Now is when it really goes down.

So I'm in the middle of the last song and my fretboard gets hit by what seemed to be a clump of whip cream, like something off a drink. It hit right at my Fifth fret and pretty much ended up covering a lot of my board because I had to play in that region. It really sucked because my hands got really really slippery so it was really hard to play anything. I also was stupid enough to try to get rid of some of it with my right hand and so both of my hands were covered in whip cream. I have only had the bass for 2 weeks, that really sucks. I hope it didn't hurt the wood fingerboard.
  2. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I woulda made a B-line for the first person with whipped-cream :p Don't mess with my bass :D
  3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I remember one school camp where we decided that whoever fell asleep would get a giant mound of whip cream on their head. The better ones were the guys that ssleep on their sides. We could fill their ear with cream and keep piling it on until it was 3 inches high. Every bloke instinctively tried to wipe it away without actually waking up, spreading it all over themselves in the process.

ah the joys of being young and dumb......
  4. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Sounds like my gig last weekend. My friends decided it would be a good idea to duct tape another friend of mine in the audience, they basically tied him up with duct tape. Well he broke free and decided to throw the balled up duct tape at me! Somehow he thought it was my fault. Well I see this huge sliver ball flying at me so I duck, but I guess the keyboard player didn't see it and got nailed in the head with it, we all thought it was funny, he didn't. Needless to say, it wasn't a very good gig. The next night rocked though and made up for it.
  5. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    ahhhhh duct and gaffa tape..... I have a rule. If I get any "roadie droppings" on my shoes, it must be scrunched into a ball and thrown at on of the crew........ it keeps the pack up light and a bit fun......