1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

whistle effect

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bobulibobium, Mar 28, 2009.

1. is there a whistle effect you can use for bass, similar to that of the intro for the pineapple theif's "tightly wound"?

2. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    link?

3. There are a couple of things going on there but the bass is pretty straight ahead. I did hear analog delay on the guitar (8 seconds in) as well as a ring mod on the guitar throughout the song.
    The Dr. Dre sound west coast whistle that you're referring to I know you can accomplish through NN- XT synth leads in Reason or with a MicroKorg.
    I have a Moogerfooger ring mod and I know that you can dial some pretty similar sounds but not with that kind of control.

Hope that helps!

4. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    "That's only in the mornin'. You supposed to be up making breakfast or something."

5. Wicked_Bassist7

Wicked_Bassist7

Oct 31, 2008
    bass whammy? or the tremolo part?

6. woooo-WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

7. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    *burns out down the wrong side of the road, through a stop sign, and almost into parked cars (woo woo)

8. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
  9. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    HOG, POG, or Whammy (what it sounds the most like to me, although either would do just fine). Plug an exp pedal into the HOG (and I assume POG as well) and set it to pitch bends, and weeeeeeWEEEEEE away.

10. but you could probably get even closer if you used a moogerfooger freqbox, a fulltone choralflange and the most expensive highpass filter available!

oh wait, it's not yesterday anymore is it?

11. got clips???

12. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    That "effect" is used very well in this song.

13. i'm kinda partial this this hyphy remix