White covers for a 5-string Jazz pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mgmadian, Nov 6, 2005.

1. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Any ideas on where to procure a pair of white (or creme) colored covers for a set of 5-string Jazz pups? I'm thinkin' of trying some cosmetic changes to my burst/maple Sad 5 Tokyo, and have always liked the look of white pickups with a burst finish and black guard (e.g. Stevie Ray Vaughn's Strat).

Have already checked Warmoth, Allparts, Aero, Dimarzio, Sadowsky with no luck.

FYI, the pups themselves measure 3 5/8" long (both bridge and neck) and the screw holes are 1 11/16" apart. May also consider getting some black covers and painting them, but so far I haven't even found these in black!
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

ebay always has white covers. Check current and completed listings and email the guy if it looks like he's does a business (tons of transactions, etc.). Those advertised probably won't be what you need but he may have them or have access to them otherwise or be able to direct you to a likey source. You might try a TB search too, I don't think this is the first time white 5 string covers have come oup.

If you don't get anymore help here, you might also try a post in the Luthiers forum and it would probably be worth a shot to contact Hambone.