1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

White Jazz Bass pickups ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by soulgolem, Apr 27, 2015.

1. soulgolem

soulgolem

Dec 7, 2012
    Hi all !

Where can i get myself a set of white jazz bass pickups that sound killer ? My budget is not so good, but i'd be happy with something comparable to the USA fender offering but in white plastic ? I actually only need the neck pickup to be good sounding, the bridge could be a knock off version, as long as it's white, i'm getting a new bass finished and white pickups would look perfect for the look.

Ideally, maybe something a slight bit fatter than a regular vintage set, i'm loving those low lows, not much of a rock-mids guy, as long as it retains jazz bass characteristics, love that feel and bite.

Francis.

2. Daedraziel

Daedraziel

Aug 19, 2013
    Toms River NJ
    The pickup covers can be bought from all over the place in any standard color (white, black, cream, etc). eBay has a bunch listed for AROYND $8-$15 and standard fender Jazz pups are not terribly expensive. I think a used set of mim's are around 20-50 bucks. Americans are a little more. The covers easily come off of most Jazz pickups unless they are part of active systems or specialty (EMG's, MEC's)

3. soulgolem

soulgolem

Dec 7, 2012
    Wow thanks, it wasn't obvious from just looking at it...
    I have a set of mexican jazz bass pickups, how do you get those things open ???? I'd use the bridge from the set and get a new quality neck pickup.

What neck pickup, max budget 100$ sounds punchy and fat ? (bit fatter than a standard would be great), ideally something i can get used from eBay and save a bit in the process.

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

What year is your Mexi? Some years had odd sizes. The pickup covers are not held on by anything, just unscrew them and the pickups should slide right out.

Check out TB classifieds for used P/U's, buy based off what is available. Do some research on any you find interesting, there will be reviews on here.

5. soulgolem

soulgolem

Dec 7, 2012
    thanks, i'll keep my eyes open for that :D