Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

White Knuckle Ride

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Sonorous, Jan 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    an accurate tab to this song (white knuckle ride - rancid) would be very much appreciated seeing as how i can't find one anywhere.

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    geez, the tablature forum is full of unhelpful people! :(

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    No, its just empty of any people ;)

I know the song, but I can't play it. I think the reason there aren't any tabs around for it is because it is really really fast and would be hard to tab. Sorry I can't help.

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, I read your post. I even searched the web to see if any of my search tricks would help you find the tab. I'd tab it for you myself, but I've never heard the song and I don't really like Rancid. I do hate to see the people of Talkbass.com get labeled as unhelpful so I thought I'd reply to tell you this so that you know I did try to help.

BTW - Seeing as how I don't even know the song, I thought this pic might be appropriate: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=1289460[​IMG]

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Well since you decided to attack the forum = dooming this thread to being closed = dooming you not to get your tab. The odds of you getting a tab for a song when you request one are slim to none. Because the people who are good enough to figure out songs, do don't tabs.

Do the math.

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    oh, in that case, thank you for your dedication and if i offended anyone who did try to help then im definatley sorry. at least i got to see a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head as a side-effect to this.

and StupidMatt... you're stupid:spit: and even though i havn't played long enough to be able to listen to a song and learn it, i can play pretty dern fast when i want to and i wanted to try this song just to see if i could

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Listen, I'm not going to argue with you, because it's against talkbass rules. If you request a tab, and no one tabs it for you, you shouldn't accuse us of being "not helpful."

Here's my advice, I know Mr. Freeman can play pretty damn fast. I also know I've heard this song, but I forget what it sounds like. BUT that doesn't matter.

1) Get an MP3 of the song.
    2) Get a program that slows MP3s down, but preserves the pitch.
    3) Slow down the MP3 and noodle around on the bass until you figure it out. Trust me, it's a lot easier slow.

It will be incredibly rewarding when you know that you are playing the Rancid song totally by yourself. You don't have a piece of paper telling you what fret to press down on.

Also...

Fast doesn't equal good. Not as an insult to you, just keep that in mind. I don't care if you can play Teen Town using only your pinkies. Unless you can play it clean/smooth it will sound like ****.

moderators: I'm sorry.

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Meh. We all saw this coming.

Many tab requests, like aspirations of being a cowboy as profession, go unfulfilled. Life goes on. Bitterness (on either side) just leads to more bitterness and lame posts like this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.