1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

White-on-White P-Bass - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowbrow, Sep 14, 2008.

1. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    The parchment looks great! Try adding covers and a thumbrest for that retro look.

2. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    I love white on white.

3. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I prefer tortoise shell over white. White on white just screams MIM P bass to me. Nothing wrong with that, just not my thing.

4. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

I checked the Allparts website to look at their tort J-bass pickguards and they have a red and brown tort that are $34 and $35 bucks respectively. If I do this at all, I'll give Stew-mac a shot at $23 bucks plus $8.50 for shipping . Plus I need a couple of fretting tools so I'll do it all at once. I've ordered a few things from them and they are great and have a good return policy. Right now I'm just gonna play the bass and think about it later. How's that for not lettin' the GAS get to me...lol? :D )-(

5. Olympic just SCREAMS for a really good mint, for me.

Callaham makes a fantastic one for strats, I wonder if pickguardian or someone has a similar quality one for P.

Copperhead likes this.
  6. My newest build. Mint green pickguard. 20160413_180158.

Copperhead and Jamvan like this.
  7. Callused Finger

Callused Finger

Feb 22, 2007
    New York
    The white on white is amazing. Would love one to go alongside my black on black p.

8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    THE-LADIES-MAN.
    White on, man. White on.

9. Like this one? My 78 body, 72 neck.

Attached Files:

10. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    My Nash, which is in the classifieds. I was going to go with a Spitfire tort, but the mint is pretty cool. This pic does not do this bass justice. There is more of a contrast that what is seen here...the beat up Nash finish which is somewhat flat and the aged mint guard. I need to take some close ups, but here she is:

image.

pudge, Jamvan and Tanner5382 like this.
  11. Tanner5382

Tanner5382 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    I like white with mint or parchment.

12. lewink

lewink

Jul 19, 2009
    Baldwinsville N.Y.
    Don't discriminate, all P love is good love. If loving a P is wrong I don't wanna be right.

13. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Very 80s looking. Not my thang - I've never liked White instruments (annoying, since my primary is a holly wood topped bass - which looks like white paint!)

14. My name is Pet Sounds, and I approve of white-on-white-with-rosewood Precision Basses.

15. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    Used to have white pearl on mine but switched to tort. I'll probably change it back again at some point.

image.

image.

lowdownthump likes this.
  16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

White on white Fender is awesome.

17. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Well you did ask for opinions. I flipping hate white basses. I feel the same about white pick guards :vomit: Kind of like mashed potatoes w/o gravy. Some color, any color.

18. jnsnj

jnsnj

Sep 5, 2015
    NJ
    I like the white on white with rosewood look. My fretless has that combo but the white has aged heavily.

Attached Files:

Jamvan likes this.
  19. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    LOVE IT!
    I'm a big Brian Wilson fan as well. This combo is clean and classy.

20. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    The great thing about white is it goes with everything.I have this mint green one.3 ply W/B/W is great on white basses.

IMG_2294.JPG

Jamvan likes this.