1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

White p/g ---> cream

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Friendly_Ghost, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Friendly_Ghost

Friendly_Ghost

Feb 16, 2008
    I've been thinking how good a slightly creamy coloured p/g might look on my (sunburst) bass - currently it has a bright white one.

Seeing how the existing one has done me no harm (been to all my gigs and fits the bass nicely and all), I then started ondering if it could be modified appropriately. Spraying it's one idea, but I also wondered if a good dose of u/v might do the trick (we've got plenty here in Oz, and someone ought to use it for something clever :)).

So - anyone know if I just screwed it to a piece of timber for a month (yep - got a month off :() and just left it in the sun whether it'd yellow up a little, preferably without turning to powder?

All advice gratefully received!

2. boabski2k

boabski2k

Dec 24, 2008
    Scotland
    From what i understand the newer pg's material are hugely resistant to any discolouring.

I would save yourself any hassle and get a copy made.

I know that jeannie pickguards in the US, will make you an exact copy of yours, if you send them yours.

I have had a couple made and they are perfect.
    I'm sure they will have cream material.

Cost around $30 + postage.

I had mine back within three weeks.

Give them a call, talk to roger.