1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

White Pearloid Jazz Pup Covers?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by georgiagoodie, Aug 24, 2012.

1. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the winged monkeys show up Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    I am looking for white pearloid jazz bass pickup covers for a Seymour Duncan set.
    Anybody know where I can find them?

2. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the winged monkeys show up Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Anybody?....

3. Hapa

Hapa

Apr 21, 2011
    Tustin, CA
    I have never seen pearloid jazz covers, ever. Having looked through plastics manufacturers catalogs to boot. For it to be entirely made of pearloid it would have to be thick material and machined out. It wouldn't look the same if it was cast in that shape, or be ridiculously thin if molded. It could be done by laminating pearloid onto an existing cover but would be hard to make look good. The only time I have seen pearloid covers are on humbuckers and that is just a plate on the existing bobbin.

4. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned SUSPENDED

Get some white covers and some adhesive pearloid pickguard material. Cut out material and apply. Voila, an awesome looking set of pickups!

5. georgiagoodie

Jan 8, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks guys! Maybe someone will start making 'em soon....they make everything else!

6. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    As a cheap way out you could use drum covering material,cut the pieces glue them to the top and sides.It would be a b@tch getting it right though.

7. Hapa

Hapa

Apr 21, 2011
    Tustin, CA
    Its the way pearloid is made that makes it tough, heating it up is not a good idea for molding. Celluloid is combustable, If it was pearl type acrylic it could be done but find somebody to make 10,000 to pay for the tooling.