1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

White PG on white P style w black hardware & Headstock

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DavidEdenAria, Sep 29, 2017.

White PG on White P style bass

Poll closed Oct 13, 2017.
  1. yes

57.9%
  2. no

28.9%
  3. maybe since it has black hardware

13.2%
  1. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    Yay or Nay?

Its a 1989 USA Peavey Fury P style (J neck) white body, black headstock, bridge and tuners.

It currently has a Chandler tort PG which looks nice and Duncan Vintage P SPB1 PU.

I like all white Strats.....what do you folks think?

I cannot post pics or i would sorry....anyone who has a white P style with black hardware and any color of pickguard is encouraged to post pics since i am a loser and cannot.

Thanks!

Zoobiedood likes this.
  2. jaybones

jaybones Banned

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    Since you say it looks good with the tortoise, and I can't tell what tone white it is I'd say keep what you've got.

bobba66 and DavidEdenAria like this.
  3. 58kites

58kites Save a life....adopt a Pitbull

Oct 21, 2014
    Austin Texas
    Here is my white/white '92 Fury.
    The body is obviously faded to off white.
    No black headstock or hardware but it might give you some kind of idea about yay or nay on pickguard colors.
    Came with a black guard which I did not like as much, but the body did look more white.

If I had a tort guard, I would put that on this bass for sure.

DSCN1566.
    DSCN2179. DSCN2180.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  4. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    Nice....yours is cream body, mine is white.....btw, where did you get the PG for your Fury (as a Fender P PG will not interchange correctly)?

I like both of your PG with the cream body....hard to pic a fav really....probably white PG.

Either would look classy with any kind of stage clothes....very cool classic look.

Did you try chrome knobs on the black PG? Maybe even cream P Pickup covers that match the body on the black PG with chrome knobs?

Both PG could work very well for me.

5. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    Bright white body.......the tort is a Chandler PG and looks great too....they wont interchange anyway...i was just curious of the look with the all white combo......the body and white PG are close in color, maybe the Fender white PG is a bit very slight grayer in a good way.

But they wont interchange........darn.

6. 58kites

Oct 21, 2014
    Austin Texas
    I did try chrome knobs on the black guard and they looked good too.
    Not sure cream pup covers would match the body, lots of times they just don't match.

DavidEdenAria likes this.
  7. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    I like the gentle curves on your PG....Peavey had a way with basses overall, moreso than maybe anything else, when you think about it, looking back compared to todays basses.

My only 90's Peavey bass is a USA mid 90's VFL 5 string 5er Foundation.....black on maple....looks and plays monster too

8. 58kites

Oct 21, 2014
    Austin Texas
    I agree that Peavey made more cool bass models than guitar models, I like Furys, Patriots, Foundations, T-20s, T40s, T45s, the G Bass....
    I like the straight line pickguard generation of Fury basses better than my curvy pickguard generation Fury above.

9. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    Which is why i started the thread, its a very ccol conservative take on the Fender P bass with a J neck....oh yeah i havent even talked about my very early Fury with single slant Super Ferrite and big P style neck...such a cool bass, more ballsy than most P basses...too minty to even play much.

10. 58kites

Oct 21, 2014
    Austin Texas
    Would love a T-20 or Slant Fury.

11. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Why not?

But I'd like a slice of mint more. Like so:

mintwhite.

Sorry. Couldn't find one on a Fury so a PB will have to do for an example...

12. Tort goes nice with a rosewood fretboard.

basspro and DavidEdenAria like this.
  13. BeauZooka

BeauZooka

Oct 2, 2007
    Seattle USA
    Since your headstock is black I would have a black pickguard to balance it out, imho.

DavidEdenAria and BrBss like this.
  14. Ric5

Ric5 SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I convert 4 string Rickenbackers to 5 string basses.
    White PG on white P style w black hardware & Headstock

Why not???

15. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    UPDATE: These PG will not fully interchange.....as 58kites mentioned, he got his Fury PG directly from Peavey but apparently they are out of stock.

I was very fortunate this bass had a beautiful Chandler tort PG when i bought it years back...it looks great; white body, RW board, black hardware and headstock with the Chandler tort PG.

SO, i guess i can check the classifieds for a late 80's Fury PG in white....however we know white can vary a lot....i have been dyeing some cheapie white guards to a slight gray/mint green trying to emulate what a vintage 50's & 60's PG can look like.

You guys like bright white PG on a bright white body as on my 89 Fury?

There is no cream to the color at all...it must have sat in a case or closet for years.....its BRIGHT WHITE LOL!

16. Chances are about 100% that what you like is what you like.
    Chances are pretty good that what others like may not be what you like.

While we're here, what would I like for dinner?

Popcorn
    Carrots
    Tuna Noodle Casserole

17. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    I think you may have missed part of my intention....i wanted someone to post pics of an all white P style bass with black hardware and a black headstock if possible.

I LIKE all white Strats, there are lots of pics of them but few pics of P basses in all white and especially those with black hardware....surely someone has some pics!

Btw, go for the carrots.

18. Maybe you should have lead with your intent?
    "Could someone post your pics of all white P bass with a black pick guard."
    "I'm thinking about doing that and would like to see how it looks."

Your intent was lost because you buried it near the end.
    The title didn't help much with what you wanted from us.

Think about a story in the newspaper.
    The headline grabs your attention and quickly summarized what the story will be about.
    Then the most important part of the story is in the first paragraph. The details that flesh out the story follow.

The poll was just asking what other people like, not what you wanted.

I missed your intent, because it was placed in an order of at least third or forth most important part of the post.
    Sorry.

BTW, I don't like carrots. So you can have 'em, thanks. ;)

19. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    One of my Zane basses is white with a white pick guard. It has a roasted maple neck. As far as looks go, that is now one of my favorite looks is a white bass with roasted maple neck and fretboard. Add some abalone inlays and you have an instrument of beauty.

20. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Start a thread in the miscellaneous section with the title "Photoshop request."

In the body of the post describe exactly what you did here. Usually someone can come up with something close.

Also, I think several web sites have a bass builder program. You cam change whatever you like. Somebody remind me what they are.

Old Garage-Bander likes this.