Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

White pickup covers Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Theexploitbass, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Show me you jazz basses with white pickup covers... Im toying with the idea of putting a white pickup cover on the neck pickup on me 5 string jazz bass... not sure if they are available for a 5er though! Show me pics (sorry if this has been done before)

Stu

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    What color and pickguard combo do you have? I can make a mock-up of a bass that looks like yours with whitep pickups when I get home from work later tonight.

3. That would be ace, its a five string jazz black body, white pickguard and rosewood fret board!! could u do a few pictures for me?? One with the white pickup just on the neck, then another with it just the bridge then one with both??

Cheers man

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    It's not a five string (that would be a lot of work ;)). But here's the three pictures: I like the black bridge/white neck pickup combo best.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    The last one:

6. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Interesting look. I've always wanted a black Jazz with black pickgaurd with white pickups. I think I saw an old U2 video in the 80s (New Years Day, perhaps?) and Clayton was playing a Jazz with block inlays on rosewood board (I'd prefer maple) with the black on black, white pickup covers thing going on. Quite cool I thought. However I must say, that white pickup over in the mid position with white pickgaurd and the black in the bridge is kinda cool.

r

7. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    Here is my modified APB-5 with EMG pickups.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. That APB-5 look sweet!! I think i do prefer the black bridge/white neck combo... but the all white looks pretty cool too!! Anyone know where I can get white pickup covers for a 5 string??

9. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Currently in hock for 2 years

[​IMG]

10. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    My jazz:

Attached Files:

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Now sold but she was a looker!!
    [​IMG]

12. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Wow, one cool axe after another. Have to say I'm pretty partial to that thar APB-5 and the White Jazz.

Any other goodies out there?

r