Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

White Sparkle Sterling

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by honeyboy, Apr 23, 2005.

1. honeyboy

honeyboy

Oct 31, 2004
    Well, despite the fact that I told my wife I had all the basses I would ever need,(and I meant it at the time) I just purchased (for reals) my first Music Man bass. I had bought a Sub and a Stingray but only kept them for a day before returning them to G.C. I didn't like the tone of the Stingray- too trebly- and the passive Sub was just too one dimensional. But I saw an add in the paper for an Ernie Ball bass-$800.00. I called and went out to look. It was in perfect condition- a sparkle white color with rosewood fretboard and some nice birdseye on the back of the neck.The neck feels like a Jazz neck. I was totally amazed at the variety of tones this bass has as compared to the Stingray I once tried. It gets past that trebly tone for a bassier sound on the left setting yet still sounds very Stingray for the slap tones with the #3 setting. He let me have it for $750.00 since it didn't have a case and I got a Musicman Sterling case from G.C. for $100.00 out the door.So for $850.00, I have joined the Musicman club. This is a really great bass! My wife has been a bit elusive all day but I think she'll get over it. :help: I have assured her this is the last bass I will ever buy...

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Congrats....*sniff* *snif* I want a new bass but im a poor 15 year old dishwasher :bawl:

Pics? *sniff*

3. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Wow 15 years as a dishwasher... you would think they would at least move you up to cook by now...
    :D Yea bring those pics on:)

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Liar. No pics, no bass.

5. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Thats my age ....15...not the number of years ive worked there

6. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    He knows that....he's just buggin ya. Don't fret the job man....it will lead to better things.

7. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Funny, I remember saying these exact words to my wife after buying my Zon...

and after purchasing my Valenti...

then after ordering my F Bass...

and before buying the Sadowsky...

8. Welcome to the MM world!!! I also love my Sterling!!! so much that I put it's picture on the booklet of our latest cd!!!!

Pictures please!!!

9. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    [​IMG]

White sparkle sterlings rock.

10. JonTheBassGuy

JonTheBassGuy

Dec 12, 2004
    Thats so pretty. I've been GASing for a Sterling but never been able to afford one

11. honeyboy

honeyboy

Oct 31, 2004
    I just played my new
    Sterling with a newly forming band (made up of veteran musicians). They seem to favor lots of Jimmy Vaughn,Tommy Castro, Clapton,Fabulous Thunerbird,Ronnie Earl and some Ventures. Mostly blues based rock stuff. I played through just a 15" Carvin cabinet with my Behringer 3000T practice amp(I can't fit my 410 cabinet in my Maxima). Anyways, the bass was a total pleasure to play, easy on the hands with its narrow fingerboard and quite light weight. The tone was perfect and it looks great. It looks pretty much like the above pictures except you can't see the nice bird's eye maple on the back of the neck. A quick question= do you guys use lemon oil on the oiled back of the neck or what? Also, what do you use to adjust the truss rod circle shaped adjuster?

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  13. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Hahahahahahaa......... Liar, we all know that is one of the biggest lies we BASSIST say!!!! ;)