1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD white Spector NS-2 USA Broooklyn-era (pre-Kramer)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by clbass, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clbass

clbass Supposing Member Gold Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario strings, AccuGroove cabs
    This is an amazing bass. I played this bass extensively before switching my attention almost exclusively to my black NS-2. I've been on the fence about putting this up for sale, but it has just been sitting for a while and it really needs to be played.

This bass is from 1986, and is one of the last NS-2s to come out of the Spector factory in Brooklyn, before the switch to Kramer in NJ. It's hard enough to find the Kramers, but it is even more uncommon to find a Brooklyn-era NS-2 for sale. It has the Haz Lab pre, and the fretboard is a darker rosewood than many of the Kramers.

Its got a nice natural vintage tint to the white, so it is more of a cream color now, which looks great with the gold hardware (the flash in the second picture makes it look brighter than it really is). It is in good condition with a just few nicks here and there, and a finish crack leading from a control cover screw (see the last picture).

It plays and sounds excellent, though you'll want to throw on a new set of strings. I am a big Spector fan and I can't say enough about these vintage basses, there is just something special about them.

I'll let this one go for $2150 shipped, UPS ground insured CONUS. Original hard case included. I'm not really in need of anything in trade at the moment, though I may consider a Thunderchief 4 fretted and/or Sansamp as partial payment.

CIMG0099.

CIMG01031.

CIMG01131.

CIMG0104.

CIMG0105.

CIMG0079.

2. LarryR

LarryR

Feb 2, 2003
    Los Angeles
    PM sent
    ...hoping it's my old NS-2 I sold back in '89 to pay rent.

3. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    Ahh, that thing smokes. (speechless)

4. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    Wow... dream bass material right there.

5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I got an '85 NS2 in black and gold exactly like this a few months back for a lot more moolah.

This is the real deal. The current ones don't even come close! I'm this close to buying it myself just to match mine!!! :eek::eek:

6. clbass

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the posts and PMs guys. Upon further re-inspection of the bass, I remembered these small impressions on the neck near the third fret. They don't break the paint and are barely noticable to me. I tried a bunch of pictures and this was the best I could get:

CIMG0121.

Look really hard, there are a couple of shadows there...

Other than that, the volume knob is a little tighter to turn than my other NS-2. It doesn't rub on the bass or anything, and it works properly.

Just set the action a little lower... the neck is so fast!

7. clbass

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    thanks rsb, and congrats on scoring that '85!

8. clbass

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    for payment, Paypal is accepted and preferred.

9. clbass

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    some good offers but still available...

feel free to make an offer if you're interested. I need some cash to fund my GAS but may accept a partial trade, let me know what you've got.

10. basspro

basspro Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Las Vegas,NV
    Man if i already did'nt have a black NS-2 i would be all over this.
    It is soooo tempting.
    If you've never played one of these your really in for a treat.

11. clbass

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    taking this one off the market... the blue one is back though, see my other post if you are interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.