Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

whitehouse @ Musik-produktiv (Germany)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by whitehouse, Feb 19, 2002.

1. today, I made a visit to musik-produktiv in Germany...what a store !! when you want to buy cheap warwicks , go there !!

but anyway,

I tried a SWR 4x10T with a 200W amp from SWR...
    the sound was very good, but it did not have an "oemf" ..the push was'n there ..
    so here is my question : is a 200W amp for the 4x10T too little power to produce the strong power wich you can feel in your stumache ??

I also tried the Ashdown 300W Combo... an terrific "oemf" , but it was almost not possible to get the oemf out of it (you don't want to play with that much bass ALL the time)

I also tried the Warwick 4x10 with the Warwick Pro Fet amp (I think that was also 200W) but that was too much Warwick ... the sound looked too much like my Warwick Sweet 15 (150W Combo)..that oemf wasn't there also ..again..too little power in the amp ? (cauz the 4x10 from warwick can oemf, I think)

I also tried the 2x10" Eden..but I found the sound terrible ! too much noise in the sound

and the last amp was the Trace Elliot ?W combo .. 4x10" , a strong powerfull amp, a too large combo for me, but the sound was good
    but not as good as the SWR 4x10" ..

ow...hehe..and I tried just for fun the ampeq 8x10" 700W (!!) and that just kicked ass !!

ow..my bass ??

the Warwick F.N.A. Jazzman 5 string :
    [​IMG]