1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who also wishes that Line 6 made a robust power supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pbassred, Jan 6, 2012.

1. I have a Bass pod XT live but I think that all of the pods use the same PSU. Mine is the older one with a sheath around the low voltage wire. Now it is smaller and the 9v side is just thin flat cable.

I would pay real money for a 9V AC 2000ma power supply that is road worthy.

2. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I've used a Bass Pod several times for gigs where we had to load in and set up quick..festival gigs...and just DI'd it into the PA. First time I did I was surprised at how well it worked. So I've used it for every similar gig since.

3. Great .... but not the point.

4. A box with a couple of 2amp 9vac and a couple big 9vdc outlets would be nice. At this point I don't need a lot of variations on things, but that would be nice.

5. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

If you are in the UK there is a guy on eBay who sells 9v AC 2000ma power supplies for Line 6 stuff. I bought one 6 months ago for a secondhand XT Live for £15 and it's been fine.

They're so cheap, I'm going to buy another one, chop the output cable a few inches from the supply and extend the cable to about 20 feet with heavier guage wire, then the PSU itself can just sit plugged into a socket in the back of my rack unit