Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who and what PISSES YOU OFF!?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jahromexgoxhome, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :spit: who in your band (that is if your in one) pisses you off often? err the most? name em all if you have to, say what they do and state why you hate it...... I'll EVEN START!....

1.) My drummer: everytime he wants to have band practice but we can't because something important we need for practice is broken..he starts b****ing.And when we wanna have band practice he's all like "awwwwww, i don't wanna have it today..." AHHHHH! DRIVES ME NUTS!
    2.) the lead guitarist, he takes MY basslines and makes them HIS GUITAR SOLOS!! AHHHHH! I HATE THAT!
    3.) 2nd guitarist/lead vocals: nothing wrong with him, because he's my cousin and i get along with him

and thats some of the problems so yeah

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Drummer: has ADD. Always speeds up. Overplays. Always plays on top of the beat, even for stuff like reggae.

Singer: Always wants to play guitar. On the few songs we let him play guitar he forgets to sing. Doesn't learn how the song goes.

Guitarist: hmm. Not much to complain about. ahh here's one: keeps saying he's gonna buy a new guitar but never does. Last semester it was a flying V, now it's a les paul.

Me: Always late to practice.

3. Ok, seeing as I'm in three I'll start with the one I like most ;) :

The GGHS Jazz Ensemble
    - the drummer: non-existent, mainly because he's always stuck in after school detentions. Can't play to save himself, doesn't have enough enthusiasm and drags badly. A nice boy, but just can't drum. it's worse when our bandleader's a drummer.....

- the pianist: we don't have one.

The GGHS Concert Band
    - the bandleader: has poor control over the kids, who are only there to skip lessons for practice. We get to do really great pieces, but no-one wants to dedicate themselves to it and it ends up sounding terrible. most of the horn section are conscripted - ie there because they have to, being in the music thingy of the school.

- the whole band minus the drummer and the lead trumpet player.

The GGHS Rock Band
    - The singers: prima donnas, but I s'pose that comes with the job.

So there. :spit: :D ;)

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

People who start whiney threads...? ;)

5. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    zing!!!

6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Band members girlfreinds annoy me the most! Them in conjuction with the band who expect it to be fine for them to bring their girlfreind to practice, that really annoys me as 75% of the time their over with then rather than the band (practicing ;)).

Also, laziness is another personal hate of mine. You know when you sort out a practice, then the night before someone says 'I cant be bothered..my..my amps broken..'.

Ever think 'If only there were 4 more of me, my band would rock?' :D :rolleyes:

I'm sure I have my annnoying points though.

7. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    I would say that my guitarist pisses me off the most, as sometimes he doesn't listen well to the rest of the band, and it really craps up the whole song.

8. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    We've seen plenty of threads like this already. Closed.

Have a nice day :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.