1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

who are these guys?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Grooveman1961, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Grooveman1961

Grooveman1961

May 8, 2006
    Can anybody tell me who these fellows might be?

Attached Files:

2. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    good crap i hope you're kidding

steve harris from Iron Maiden
    Cliff Burton ex of Metallica

3. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I just quit playing the bass because of this thread.

4. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    "run to the hills!! run for your life!!"

a friend of mine made that song the ringer on his cell, now he never answers. he's too busy getting his metal on. it's hilarious.

5. /my life

6. Grooveman1961

Grooveman1961

May 8, 2006
    thankyou very much. I'm only beginning my self education of important bassists in this genre...took me a while to get to this, but i'm here now.

7. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    good crap, Grooveman! look at what you've done!!
    TBer's are dropping like flies! make it stop!! MAKE IT STOP!!!:eek:

8. Hey Grooveman, you've chosen two very worthwhile bassists with which to begin your metal journey!

9. Grooveman1961

Grooveman1961

May 8, 2006
    What are the best examples of their work?

10. Well, I would say for Cliff you would be looking at the Kill em All album. Don't get too hung up on Anesthesia tho, its good but I believe his best work lies in the following:
    Master of Puppets
    Hit The Lights
    Seek and Destroy
    Blitzkreig (although thats a cover)
    Battery
    Fight Fire with Fire

As for Steve, I find that newcomers to the Iron Maiden scene enjoy songs like Fear of the Dark. Then, for more Awesome Steve playing try:
    Aces High
    The Trooper
    Blood Brothers
    No More Lies

There are a lot more songs by these two out there, but those should keep you occupied, especially if you intend to learn them!

11. Very worthy joice. Have fun learning.

12. El-Bob

El-Bob

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    to the OP: don't take this the wrong way, but....is this a serious thread? even if you're not into metal, i can't see how a TBer wouldn't have heard of Harris or Burton

13. All good stuff, just one thing: Fear of the Dark the song is okay, if you are looking to buy an album Fear of the Dark is NOT the one to get. Probably the worst record they ever made.

14. El-Bob

El-Bob

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    i think judas be my guide and childhoods end were great songs, but other than those and the title track, i agree. worst iron maiden album.

15. Would'e?

Would'e?

Mar 27, 2007
    Virginia
  16. Grooveman1961

Grooveman1961

May 8, 2006
    thanks for the links Would'E?, and the works recomendations F'nar F'nar

17. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    cliff's wildest playing is on 'Call of the Ktulu', much better than pulling teeth and orion imo. just a shame you can't really hear it. with excellent headphones it's barely audible. the little solo in orion is excellent though.

18. I dont like metallica :bag:

19. El-Bob

El-Bob

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    neither do i, but keep it on the down low:ninja:.

20. Bass Below

Bass Below

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    You don't have to like Metallica to appreciate Cliff Burton. I don't necessarily like Iron Maiden, but I greatly admire Steve Harris' playing. In fact I used to sit and watch my brothers Iron Maiden video tapes strictly for the purpose of watching Harris tear that bass up.