Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who are your favorite movie villians?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Katre, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Katre

Katre

Dec 28, 2002
    Archibald Cunningham (Time Roth, Rob Roy)

To me he was one of the most realistically evil characters I've ever seen. Sniveling and proper to his superiors one minute... and "very, very nasty" the next. When Rob grabbed the sword during the duel..... hell yeah. I wanted Archibald to get it so bad.

Then there's the lady in One flew over the cookoo's´nest
    and probabaly a lot of the others that i will remember when you guys mention them.

Oh and aren't the villains the most interesting part of the movies anyway?

2. Villain? the Green Goblin off of the latest Spiderman!!! :bag:

3. Alan Rickman - Die Hard

Darth Vader :D

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Darth vader, because he is exactly that...a Villain.

5. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Gary Oldman's character Agent Norman Stansfield from The Professional.

[​IMG]

"It's only when you start to become really afraid of death that you learn to appreciate life, do you like life sweetheart?...Thats good because I take no pleasure in taking life if it's from a person who doesn't care about it."

Really any character he's ever played is the best in my book. ;)

6. ZIGFREID of "get smart"

7. oh yeh Boss hogg of dukes. As rodney dangerfield said, "man that guys so fat, when he goes to the zoo, the elephants throw peanuts at him"

8. Alan Rickman came to my mind too. I understand that "Die Hard" was his first movie experience.

Also, Gene Hackman and James Caan.

9. Good call, FiXeR!

However, I have to say Hannibal is my favourite "Villan" - although I find it so hard to call him a Villan because I like him so much, really the only thing that makes him a villan is the way he goes about performing his "public service". Ralph Fiennes was very impressive as Dolarhyde as well.

Other favourites include Castor Troy in _Face/Off_,Gregor in _Ronin_, and of course, Darth Vader!

--jeff

10. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Bill Lumbergh.

11. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Satan Himself. Good one.

[​IMG]

12. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Gene Simmons in Runaway
    Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber

al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate

13. Anyone who is against Harry Potter. :p

I also think the Olsen Twins are the embodiment of evil. :eek:

Mike :D

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I have to agree about Archibald Cunningham...was there ever a more slimy snake of a villain? Norman Stansfield and Bill Lumbergh were good ones too.

brad cook

15. odie

odie Supporting Member

Pinhead and the other Cenobites(sp?) from Hellraiser series.

16. Wile E. Coyote, esq

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh yeah, I also liked the depiction of Satan in The Passion of The Christ.

brad cook

18. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Kaiser Soze from "Usual Suspects"

Magneto from "X-Men" (I like the comic Magneto better, but the movie one's good too.)

Saurman from LOTR

and, of course, Darth Vader.

19. Another vote for Bill Lumbergh, he represents everything that is evil and wrong.

Skeletor wins the attitude prize. The guy just never gave up, no matter how many times he got his ass handed to him by that annoying vanilla beefcake.

But seriously speaking, Robert Mitchum´s evil preacher in "Night of the Hunter" may be the most chilling villain ever.

"Good guys" make very effective villains: Henry Fonda in "Once Upon a Time In the West", Chaplin in "Monsieur Verdoux"... I really hope Tom Hanks will be cast as a serial killer some day.

20. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've also got to go with Robin Williams as Rainbow Randolph from Death to Smoochy.:D

[​IMG]

One of my all time favorite movies. :p