Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who are your influences?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Grunge, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Grunge

Grunge

Jun 3, 2002
    Brazil
    Hi, i'm a new guy here and i just wanted to know about u guys.......
    well i'm 15 and play the bass since i was 12(i know that it's a short time), and i just wanted to konw what u guys enjoy listenning to or playing???

that's all guys;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

ROCK N' ROLL TILL DEATH
    Grunge

2. I know I'm going to be listening to a lot of people complaining about newbies and posting in the wrong forum.

DUCK!!!

3. ^ ^
    LMAO

Hey, I'm really into Saves the Day at the moment, I cant play any of it, because it's too damn confusing.

oh yeah..........

ROCK n ROLL TILL DEATH!!!!!

sim

4. Welcome to TB Grunge. Yeah Rock till Death and all that good stuff.

One thing I had to learn the hard way when I got here was, and I quote "Watch which forum you post your questions in". Basses Forum (the one you posted on) is for talk about basses themselves. You should have posted this in Miscellaneous Forum or something else.

Personally I don't care where you post and I'm not busting your chops or anything, but alot of the Moderators and Senior Members here get absolutely ANAL about posting in the wrong forum cause then they have to move it, and boy do they HATE to move. :p

Just some advice to you buddy...to avoid the insults and anger of the "empowered" ones. Hey man, I've been playing less than you and I'm 20. 3 years is pretty good, but sometimes it takes many more years to get where you wanna be with the bass. Just keep at it and don't lose faith. Have fun with the tabs you can find here and absorb some knowledge from the older guys who've been playing for 100 years ;) :D

Personally I love listening to and playing Classic Rock, Blues, Jazz, Funk and Reggae. You should try listening to all different types of music and see what you like. I never in my wildest dreams would belive that I'd be listening to Jazz when I was younger, and look at me now...love the stuff.

See y'all in the funny papers

Aaron G.

5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Welcome to Talkbass!

I agree, this post will probably be moved in a couple of hours.

Watch were you post next time ;)

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, sorry to be so "ANAL", but we have different forums here for different subjects. Would lumping everything all together into one but forum make it easier to find what you are looking for??:rolleyes:

Sorry if we are too strict for you.

7. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    And by the way, welcome Grunge.:)

This is in the wrong forum, by the way (as was already pointed out to you).

Moved to MISC.

8. Grunge

Grunge

Jun 3, 2002
    Brazil
    hope i'm doing the right thing now.....
    hey guys, what r your influences?

i really like J.P Jones and Geezer Butler, they really rule :D

9. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Definitely Matt Freeman, from Operation Ivy, and now Rancid. He is unbeleivably talented! If you've ever listened to Maxwell Murder by Rancid, I think you'd understand.

10. Just out of sheer curiosity. Is it harder to sing while playing the bass compared to playing the guitar? Because Ive never played the bass before and I've never seen any bassist sing.

Cheers ;)

11. uh-oh.... *ducks for cover*

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    [sarcastic voice ON]
    Ever hear of this small band called The Who
    Or maybe another small one called Iron Maiden ???
    I mean, I know that not many people have heard of these bands, but they have awesome bassists and they sing while playing...Yep, another example is Les Claypool/Primus...there's probably a million others out here.....
    [sarcastic voice OFF]

13. the answer is it depends. as I may see while reading your name you're maybe a fan of simple pop punk, in this case it's very very very easy to sing while playing. Most average bassist could even old a conversation while playing that kind of music.

a.k.a
    sum41 blink 182 fenix tx etc.

14. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    uhhh rush? helllloooooo
    hehehe :p

15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Eh, I know, I forgot ALOT of people...

16. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    well, it can be easier on bass, as long as the bass pasrt is easy, or very repetitive, and requires little thought. and how could you forget pink floyd!?!?!

17. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wrong forum.

Again.

18. Thanks guys..you see Ive never ever played a bass before only guitar. I'm a recent convert. That cleared my doubts! :D

19. Then I'm waaaaaaaaay below average. I can't even keep time while playing...hahaha.