Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who ate all the pies?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Not good.[​IMG]

2. She used to have a really nice belly... Oh well.

Her dreds/braids were pretty cool, and the curly blonde, but now.. ugh...

Ah well, at least it shows she's doing something she wnats? :p

:)

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Good lord![​IMG]

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    man, that's great

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    [​IMG]

6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

So because she is not a beanpole anymore we should all make fun of her? :rolleyes:

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    why...woodchuck why!

nick...grrrrr

8. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    :eek:

No way are they genuine photos...

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I just showed the Mrs's... and I quote
    I still like her voice... I'm liking the new single "Fighter"
    :bag:

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well...if her breasts get bigger in the next few weeks and her tummy smaller...well....erm.....you saw it here first kids.

11. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    :D I had to give you the link, I just had to :D

And Jared, its not because she's not super thin, its because she has it hanging out there all flopping out :rolleyes:

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)

Dude, you CANNOT be serious! I'm just marvelling at the transformation.

13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Even if it is flopping out so what...I just think it's pretty sad to rip people to shreds just because someone think's someone else looks bad. Give me a break.

14. The buzz is that her weight has been fluctuating lately. I don't really care for her image recently (the trashy look didn't do it for me), but I wouldn't put the weight gain against her. I like her voice and still think she's attractive, but that hairstyle has got to go.

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I think the humor is more associated with the irony of someone who set their whole career up being thin and having that flat stomach, now seeing her let herself go, is humorous because she held little merit other than having a nice body, and her whole career stemmed from that.

Okay...arguably she CAN sing, I not bad, but no one can argue that she wouldn't have become a superstar if she didn't have a nice body.

16. I think her tummy looks cute.

But her hair and her outfit just look stupid. Not shocking, Not controversial, just Stupid.

If an artist wants to make a statement fine, but all to often "celebrities" say they're 'experimenting' with their image...when in truth they are trying WAAAAAAAY to hard to try and shock people and get in to more issues of People and Us magazines. They're not making statements, they're just hollow "HERE I AM! PLEASE LOVE ME"s.

Frankly, I like Christina's new stuff, I think she's been bold in what she's doing and I think people have been unfair about judging her and I've been disgusted by self-righteous attitude that some of her detractors have taken. ('Oh she looks so slutty etc.' THANK YOU JERRY FALWELL! You can sit down now.) Still, I would hope that if she is sincerely trying to show the world "who she is" that she would have enough respect for some of the listeners to present us with something more than a blank fascade. But I guess that's to much to expect from someone whose trying to cultivate MTV.

I think the more appopriate question is, "Why isn't there any filling in this pie and why does the crust taste like plywood?"

17. Hey hey hey, the more cushion, the harder the pushin'. Although she shouldn't be showing it off.:rolleyes:

18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Oh well... You all (Including me) Would still thwap her if the opportunity presented itself.

19. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Her hair is the only thing that bothers me...

Other than that is no biggie.

20. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    oh no, is thwap embedding itself into TB vernacular?

that's a shame.

and honestly I don't know if I would, then I'd be hassled by paparazzi and ****, that I'd rather not deal with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.