1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who Began the New Year Playing Bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I did, I played for the New Year's service at my church. :)

2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    +1 did a 10 minute version of Auld Lang Syne. great night

3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I did. It was the best New Year's ever. Here was my setup:

Fender Jazz Deluxe V
    Valenti "Geddy Vee"
    Genz Benz GBE750
    Acme Low B 210

We played to about 200 people in a packed bar. The crowd was really into it and danced the whole time. We even did a rendition of "I Love Rock and Roll" and had about 25 really drunk women on the stage with us. I had so much fun I can't sleep, so I am sitting her on TB drinking the champagne that my in-laws didn't drink.

4. Me too. I was playing Celebration by Kool and the Gang at the turn of midnight. :)

I hated the thoughts of the gig I had going in. Halfway through the night, I changed my mind.

I had a blast tonight!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!! :)

5. Same here. :bassist:

6. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    I sat in the studio all day practicing , then when klock turned 2007 , i drank a glass of champagne , and continued practicing :D
    And im still practicing :D

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Typical New Years gig here. Tux, lots of drunk folks - and a lot of bread :D

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I might have, had my mam and dad not been in bed (they were working this morning). Instead, I was playing on my 360, then I watched an episode of Rab C nesbitt!

9. janek65

janek65

Apr 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    i did. We had a jam session at the place where we practice. That was great fun, lots of musicians but as i was one of only two bassists i got to play for over 4 hours of blues / rock / funk covers, you name it :D oh yeah. My fingers did hurt a bit afterwards :)

10. i was working on recording a line i had just come up with. so i could send it over to my band mates to work around. and i completely forgot about the time :p

11. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Played my last note of 2006 and 1st of 2007 on my FBB 7 .... great way to end the old and start the new year! Nice gig last night, had a great time ..... :cool:

12. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I didn't...too busy "making music in the kitchen" for New Year's Day dinner...blackeyed peas, collard greens, macaroni & cheese, cornbread, sweet potato pie, pecan pie...:cool:

Marshall

13. i played new years eve morning, not over the time cross though

14. brought in the new years as well playing the bass. Got flown in to play for labels premier party in orlando so i backed up one of their artists.

15. i brought in the new year playing a gig on my hambone fairlane through my SA-RBI/Basson sound B210b rig :)

we rocked :)

16. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Played a private party for about 300 people. It was alot of fun and the venue was big enough that I really got to crank my Aguilar up and drive the Schroeder.....man that little 1210 sounded so good (and really loud).

17. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Played a private party, about 200 people.
    Rock it all night.

Used my 1976 Jazz.
    SVT head
    Custom two 12 cab. (Dr. Bass)

18. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I was working on the ol' harmonic major/minor modes when my wife came and gave me a big juicy kiss and a can of Fosters at midnight. Good woman.

19. very good woman, hold on to her :)

20. Does this also count for that? New Years Eve at Calvary Chapel:
    1. 8:00am
    2. 10:30am
    3. 7:00pm
    4. 8:00pm

By then, all the buses had stopped running :D haha! So I
    loaded the Strat, P-bass and effects into a guy's car.