Who can make this crazy bass cheap?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pklima, Dec 28, 2005.

1. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    I have this ridiculous vision a bass with a one-string neck, a two-string neck and a three-string neck. Seriously. Is there anybody out there who could make such a bass for reasonable money? Other than Krappy Guitars and a certain guy whose last name starts with "W" and ends with "ishnevsky"?

No, I don't really have a specific musical need for this.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Depends, if you were to have a 3 string on a 4 string width neck (like tony levin) im sure you could find someone to do it. But making a smaller neck takes more effort.

3. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Yeah, I could just take two narrow 4-string necks and set one up with 2 strings (Mark Sandman style) and the other with three, that would be close but not quite there and not very elegant.

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Make yourself a Whamola!

I'm in the process of making one myself. Just ordered a pao ferro fretboard for it.

5. T-34

T-34

Aug 11, 2005
    France, Paris region
    How much is "cheap" for you?

6. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Well, my doubleneck cost $600... I'm willing to spend at most twice that.

7. Collin.A

Collin.A

Jun 22, 2005
    Sound like you've got money to burn pklima. Though, I have to say a 3-string sounds pretty cool.

8. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Money to burn? I don't know, $400 per neck is not that much.

9. Collin.A

Collin.A

Jun 22, 2005
    I guess its just subjective.

10. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Just a suggestion.. but I know the owner of Krappy guitars (I forget his first name) is a realy stand up kinda guy! He's on TB a lot.. Talk to him about him just making you the necks. Custom made to your specs. He seems like a really nice guy I don't think he would mind to make some one-off parts for you.

11. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Kevin. He just offered to make it for $175 plus shipping. I think we have a winner...