Who do you reagard as the best Drummer ever??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nicklas, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Nicklas

Mar 15, 2003
    John "Henikens" Bonham is maybe someone.........
  2. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Without a doubt-
    ...it's Tony Williams.
    okcrum and RedMoses like this.
  3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Virgil Donnati - absolute freak.......
    rtav likes this.
  4. CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Stewart Copeland.
    Inventive, technically excellent but tasteful with it.
    He never over-crowded Sting or Andy but was still a huge part of their sound.

My favourite by far.

....oh, and Tito Puente :)
    harleyman888, Derrida423 and adi77 like this.
  5. Ditto. I also think the drummer from the Mars Volta is amazing.
  6. my favourites are Carter Beauford, Mike Portnoy, and Morgan Rose. I am really digging Chester Thompson at the moment.

As for who is actually the be in the world? probably some guy who plays for fun in his garage or room in some anonymous city in a random country
  7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Hey, you read my mind. Also, Yanni's tour drummer (don't laugh) is insanely good, and Jake Dunlap, the drummer in my old band. Only 21, better than anyone I've ever played with, and there's soooo much still to come from him.
  8. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Meg White.

(Did I get her name right?)
  9. I like a lot of the names that have come up/will come up (how long until we see Neil Peart?) but I've always thought Tool's drummer is underrated.
  10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Neil Peart
    Dave Lombardo
    ShadowVampyre likes this.
  11. The "Best drummer" is hard to answer, however, I think one of the most powerful drummers was Ian Pace of Deep Purple fame. I saw them 3 or 4 times, and he always seemed on the verge of destroying his drumset every time I saw him.

12. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
  13. David Garibaldi.
    ToP fan and brokenstoned like this.
  14. If you can forget about 'Tarzan' and his current stream of MOR schlock, I vote for Phil Collins, especially in his Genesis days. Also, Bill Bruford is no slouch either.
  15. I second the votes for Bruford and Collins. They rule!!! :cool:
  16. CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Absolutely. Anybody see Paul Simon's Concert in The Park? Steve was wailin' on those pots and pans like a madman, he said it was his favourite gig ever and it's not hard to see why when you watch it.
  17. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    One word - Aja...
    RedMoses likes this.
  18. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Niel Peart
    Mike Portnoy
    Dave Garibaldi
    Dave Weckel
    Dennis Chambers
  19. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Niel Peart
    Mike Portnoy
    Dave Garibaldi
    Dave Weckel
  20. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I don't know how you define "best" but if I could play with any drummer I choose (living or dead), I would choose John Bonham. The new DVD is a reminder of just how great he was.