Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who do YOU think will win the World Series?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Justin V, Oct 14, 2002.

1. San Francisco Giants

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Anahiem Angels

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Simple question. Who is Talkbass' pick to win it this year? My Giants or the Disney squad?

Please no baseball haters.

2. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    The Disney Squad all the way.

BTW, Isn't there another team sponsored by Disney? I think the D-backs?

Anyway, GO ANGELS GO!

3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    The other Disney team is the Ducks in the NHL.

4. Disney pretty much owns all of southern california residents' souls. But ya know, you kinda get used to it after awile...

5. Gulice

Gulice

Sep 13, 2002
    Angels all the way woo!

6. I'm pulling for the Giants. Might as well, seeing as how they beat the Cardinals, and I'm close to SF.

However, I was hoping the Cards would have gone to the WS.

7. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002

awwwwwwwwww :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I was hoping to see the Cards vs. the Angels, but now that St. Louis is out of it, I'm REALLY hoping the Angels take it.

9. Oh don't worry, the CALIFORNIA *Why they ever changed it to Anaheim, is beyond me, just opinion* Angels will win. Of course, I am not basing this on anything.

*flips a coin* yup, Angels

10. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    This is a tough choice - either the Disney team or Barry Bonds have to win... :(

I'm gonna go with Barry Bonds.

I'm glad that, for once, neither the Braves nor the Yankees are in the finals...

11. My gut says Giants in 7. But, that means they'd have to win the deciding game in Anaheim. Might be tough.. rally monkey and all. Either way, it'll be cool.. Barry Bonds will win his first title, or the Angels franchise will win its first title.

12. Oliphaunt

Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    Giants.
    I really wanted to see Giants v A's: "The Battle of The Bay"

13. Seattle!!!:D

Hey, it's the closest thing that Portland has to an MLB team.

Rock on
    Eric

14. redjeep!

redjeep! Guest

Jan 19, 2002
    Dublin
    The World Series ?

When John Cleese was asked on US TV what he saw as the biggest differences between the UK and the USA he answered:

1) The language
    2) When the UK has a "world series" sporting event, we actually invite other nationalities to take part....

:) :) :) :) :)

Andy

15. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    It'd be something to see the Angels win. Won't it be their first?

16. Yup

17. Next year....Next year....*crosses fingers*

Anyway, I hope the Giants win it this year, Anaheim is in Seattle's division and I don't like the Angels.

18. Damn Angels! Them and there stupid 10 game winning streak at the end of the year... I hope the Giants win. I don't like either team, but I'll go for San Fran. I wanted to see Oakland and St. Louis go at it, but oh well.

Yeah, and hopefully Seattle will go to the playoffs next year, but Lou is leaving us... I wonder who's gonna take his place?