Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who Do You Want to Be Endorsed By?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by moxnix9, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Fender

63 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. Warwick

63 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Ernie Ball

35 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. Spector

19 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. Wal

16 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Gibson

8 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Hofner

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  8. Ibanez

16 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Rickenbacker

17 vote(s)
    3.5%
  10. Lakland

28 vote(s)
    5.7%
  11. Modulus

21 vote(s)
    4.3%
  12. Conklin

23 vote(s)
    4.7%
  13. Yamaha

14 vote(s)
    2.9%
  14. Reverend

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  15. G&L

14 vote(s)
    2.9%
  16. Zon

23 vote(s)
    4.7%
  17. Pedulla

8 vote(s)
    1.6%
  18. Sadowsky

35 vote(s)
    7.2%
  19. Other (Please Specify & I'm Sorry)

64 vote(s)
    13.1%
  20. Not Interested in Endorsement

16 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Yeah sorry there is only 20 slots for this. Now who are you or want to be endorsed by? I'm thinking of making another one of these for amps so after voting, post your vote and give me some makers I should include in my poll for amp endorsements.

These options were based on of course the known ones, musicians who are already endorsed by them, and some just off forums here at TB. Sorry if your other. I did the best I could.
    Personally I'm not interested in endorsements for my bass. So why am I making this thread, you ask? Well maybe you could change my mind.;)

Note: We're talking about endorsement for your bass, not amp.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Shoot! I was thinking more along the lines of Trojan or Lifestyles.

Oh well;

- for publicity, I'd guess Fender because Fender gets their endorsers the most ink
    - if I was just in it for the gear, I'd go Conklin because I could get anything I wanted in terms of customization
    - www.daisyrock.com would probably be the most likely, though

Amps??? You could include the "usual suspects";

- Ampeg, SWR, Eden, Mesa Boogie, Hartke, G-K, Fender/Sunn, Aguilar, Ashdown, EBS, Carvin

Epifani, Genz-Benz, Ernie Ball, Warwick, Glockenklang, Bergantino, Alessandro, Avatar cabs, Bag End, and Acme would be some more "exotic" amp/cab endorsers, IMO without getting into the rack stuff.

3. Well, Reverend put me on their "Believers" page, which is kinda cool since I'm pretty much a nobody in the bass playing world. I really do like their basses though!

Edit: Forgot to mention Ashdown. It's all I use! Are you listening, Ashdown??

4. IBANEZ!

My own custom Ergodyne EDC variant instead of the boring Soundgear.

It would be funny see kids asking in this forum hOW dO U gEt EViLbASSpLAyEr'S cLicKy SOuNd? or EViLbASSpLAyEr RuLZ!

EBP

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Le Fay, Glockenklang and/or Tech Soundsystems - but I'd only get them (slightly) cheaper, no money from them.

Other nice endorsements to have: Steinberg (Cubase SX, Wavelab and Nuendo), Native Instruments (virtual synths) and Propellerheads (Reason), RME (soundcards).

6. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I'll be a shill for 'em all if it means deep discounts off of those ridiculous list prices.

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'm already on the conklin website :D bought myself a spot :eek: :rolleyes:

8. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Or vivid video.;) Home of Ron jeremy and Jenna Jameson.:D

9. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    Hey, where's Peavey?:)

I'll work with whoever gives me the same deal as Peavey worked out with Eddie Van Halen-- make an instrument to my specs, but make the same-quality instrument affordable for regular joes.

10. I'd have to choose Fender. Would love to get a nice discount on a custom Jazz :D

11. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    im way to nonconformist to be endorsed and dont like being bunched into groups ;-\

i chose not interested.... i play for myself n0t crowds music is uhm a personal thing for me alone.... if someone would give me free stuff to play alone and never play in public sure! then i would maybe vote for something... but eh since endorsments mean i would have to be SOCIAL and go outside... well gosh i just cant have that =)

*EDIT*
    wait! wait! i would surely except endorsement by SUN MICROSYSTEMS! http://www.sun.com ... i would love to have free computers from them... and maybe IBM as a backup ;-)

12. I wouldn't mind being a Neuser endorser, since they make some of the nicest playing basses I've yet to try. I also like the fact that they're made in Slovakia, for no good reason.

13. Yamaha for basses
    EBS for effects and amps

14. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Voted other : I'd be glad to be endorsed with a MTD 535. Hello Mr Tobias, can you hear me ? :D ;)

15. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Ill Vote G&L
    i almost clicked zon.. but G&L
    I like Zon a wholllle lot
    but.. G&L
    most people might think im crazy.. well some will
    but.. oh well =D

hmmmm I dont think i could just have one brand of basses though i mean.. I do want a ZON someday (my woman said i could have one *grin*)
    and i want 2 g&l's , a couple old gibson basses..
    i think ill be set lol for a long time.. oh yes i forgot
    maybe a rumblefish 4 =D

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I'll go for Zon.

I'll take a Studio 5 fretted, a Legacy Elite 6, and a Lightwave fretless 5. They will go very nicely with my Custom fretless 5.:cool:

Joe, are you listening?:D

17. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Please may I suggest the same poll for amps (in the amps section) ?

Thanx !!! ;)

18. Yes I did mention that above. So far I have:
    Mesa Boogie
    Eden
    Ampeg
    SWR
    Gallien Krueger
    Marshall
    Kustom
    Vox
    Peavey
    Aguilar
    Fender
    Warwick
    EBS
    Carvin
    Genz-Benz
    Bag End
    Epifani

Then other and not interested. Want me to post it now?

19. Lakland. I'd sling on one of those for a reduced price :D

20. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Tough call.

If I had to take the instrument as is: MTD, Roscoe, or Modulus.
    If it was a custom Model, maybe Fender. (Have wicked plans for a completely custom American P Deluxe!) Of course, If Warmoth would endorse me, I'd be in Hog Heaven.

For amps, that's a no brainer: Eden! All the way.

I dunno about you, but the Brendan ****** Signature * sounds really cool to me (of course).

*American P, 535, Q6, LG3005, ect.