Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who Doesnt have a new years gig yet?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I guess as a indication of the economy I dont have a new years eve gig yet this year (Im sure ones gonna come though just bottom picking for this johnycome student lately).

I have never in the last 12 years of playing sierously NOT had a new years gig booked 2 weeks before and usually its a month and then something better comes and Im finding subs and......

Any one else a little bummed about this trend?

AJ

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    My band has had New Year's Eve booked since September... Early last month, we had found my replacement, (I had announced my intention to depart, amicably, back in August), so I was going to be sans gig... On Tuesday, after a month of gigging with the new bassist, I was asked to rejoin due to irreconcileable creative differences... So I again find myself with both a New Year's Eve gig and a band for the foreseeable future...

-robert

3. I'm there too, Andrew. My first NYE off in fifteen years. I'm kinda hoping one does'nt come in really, it would be nice to spend it with my wife for a change. I've got gigs Friday, Saturday and Sunday between christmas and New Year, so that's not so bad.

4. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    We were asked to do a NYE gig but declined, and Im not the least bit disappointed.

5. I don't do New Year's Eve (bah! humbug! etc.) - think I'll just stay at home and have an early night (for once!) - the New Year will happen anyway - irrespective of what I do!

- Wil